Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On QVC today (Christmas in July) they were showing an Eyeclps Projector that you could hook to any DVD player, IPod or TV. It would project an image up to 70 inches on a wall, ceiling or garage door, etc., for about $95.

They said it's not really high resolution and works better the darker it is, but I don't think that would matter. I was thinking about projecting Scream TV or Thriller on the garage door or in the backyard where it's a little darker for my partry.

Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
444 Posts
You know, for 99.00, you could probably get at least a decent flying ghosts up out of the grave, ala Disney Haunted Mansion...hard to say how it performs, but seems similar to many of the other LED "Pico" projectors out there...

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
Okay, I just got it in the mail today, and I must admit...it is perfect for Halloween use. Like they said, it's not HD, but it looks good for $100. It has a focus knob, to adjust the focus depending on how far away from the wall the projector is, is completely silent since its LED, and you can plug in your own speakers (as long as they are self powered[have a plug]), but the speaker built into the projector sounds pretty good...just not loud enough for my use.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, niteride, I'm thinkin' I'll have to get one. I have a wall on my shed in the backyard that is just screaming for a good old horror movie to be played as my guests go to visit the "Burnt Guy" back there.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, niteride. I appreciate the tips. It's pretty dark back there by the shed, better than in the front where there's a pesky street light. My friend has offered to use his manlift to block off the light, but we haven't ever done it yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
This, at one time, sounded like a great alternative to me too. If you're giving this heavy consideration, please go back to link #6 on this thread and click on the QVC link - then read the customer reviews. They really are awful. As the OP asked, has anyone on this forum actually tried one of these yet for prop use?

·
Registered
438 Posts
You can get a pretty decent one for $200.. the Optima PK102, is $229 and has pretty solid reviews. They are still a far cry from a bigger projector, but they are in there infancy.. couple more years and big projectors will probably be gone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The resolution on the reviews look SUPER LOW. I have the AAXA P1 projector which I use for watching videos and stuff... I was looking for customes, but now you guys gave me a great idea for decorations :)

Here's a linke to the AAXA P1 pico projector - it's tiny and battery powered with video player... It is double the price though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought one from Toys r Us on sale 4 $79.99 did work very very very dim , would like to try the one from sharper image, hoping that it works better. Designed a pumpkin animation with the help of Steve W. ( has a video on youtube of his pumpkins singing) Video project work out great ( windows movie maker) Anyone have input for the Sharper image projector? tia

·
Registered
9 Posts
I thought sharper image was gone?

I think you'll be happy with the AAXA or 3M ones. The AAXA is a bit better IMO opinion because it has the video player on board, but 3M one is brand name of course.

I did a quick video of my AAXA one for you guys, I'll post up another thread

1 - 20 of 26 Posts