Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
After a few years with a simple jar, I decided this year my eyeball bubbler needed a fancier treatment (too many years of admiring steampunk artifacts, I guess)

Here's the old one:

and here's the new one in its general form:

The main jar is now a 2 gallon canister instead of 1 gallon. It gets a fish tank air compressor hose, to add bubbles, which also makes the water circulate. I drilled holes in the plastic eyeballs and filled them with water so they are neutrally buoyant and move with the motion of the water.

I plan to wire up the bottles on the right to look like a bank of Leyden Jars, and illuminate them with cascading icicle lights

The electrode terminals are made from lamp threaded tube parts. The brass ball at the top is a plastic christmas ornament. The fin assemblies are just fender washers on allthread rod.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
That looks great! I think adding all the decoration makes it look like something out of Frankenstein's lab! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks! I'm still getting the pieces together. I want to build a cabinet to go under it, and add better lighting, but the general effect is working.

Here's a video (it makes more sense as a prop in motion) Also, you can see that I like my Halloween horror to be more cartoonish than gory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts