Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search to see if this had been asked before and did not find much.

For those that run Haunted Attractions or attend them. Do you do an express lane. If so how much extra do you charge???

Thanks for any info
DS

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Half the fun of going through a haunt is building up anticipation! I'm not a fan of express lanes.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yah that doesnt sound cool. If you want to make a few extra dollars why not offer a lights on tour. Can occur before or after the attraction hours, and gives people a chance to see how things work. Or is that taboo like a magician giving away secrets? /shrug

The reason Fast Pass works for Disney is because it is availble to everyone, no extra charge. If someone paid extra to get cuts I would be the guy getting ever so heated in line watching the "special" people walk by, instead of enjoying myself.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I wouldn't for a semi-pro/home haunt. If I'm going back to Universal Studios, Disney, or Busch Gardens - absolutely. The many times I've been there without one, expect minimum 2 hour waits - that goes beyond anticipation! lol

If people in line are going to wait 20 minutes or less - don't bother.

·
Registered
97 Posts
When we had a professional haunt we tried it for one year only. The problem for us was that if you have it priced reasonable too many people do it and then the express line gets too long and people in your regular line have to wait forever because you have to keep letting the express line people in to try to keep them from having to wait. If the express line people had to wait for more than a couple minutes they complained and wanted a refund on the express pass. If you price it really high to limit the amount of people that do the express line then it seems to make everybody mad because it looks like you are trying to take advantage of people with the high price. We did make some extra money off of it which was nice but overall it just wasn't worth the trouble for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts