Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I just tried using a Craftsman Router for writing on my tombstones. It worked great for me. This one is very basic but Its a start. I have had many tombstones for years, but I always painted on them, I think I a now hooked on Engraving in them.

Below are a few pics of my first try with the router and my current start of my Graveyard .

Enjoy
Sorry I forgot the new stone pics, I'll add them now. Sorry Kinda new to posting :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Always a haunter's garage when you 'just happen to have' a biohazard stencil handy!

Anyway for the new engravers out there, dust mask, dust mask, dust mask. Shaved foam is nasty stuff, even though is seems all fluffy and innocent.

Your neighbors don't want any either, so vacumn often and even while routing to catch it before it gets airborne.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Looks great. I would use a mini-Dremel router attachement for my tombstones, it would be a lot easier to manipulate around the lettering. I have used my full sized router in the past to do edging on the tombstones, Ogee and roundover bits etc. Cuts through the foam like a knife through butter! In the past (about 8-10 years ago) when i made my first tombstone from blue-rigid-foam, i hand-cut the lettering using an x-acto knife set i purchased for just the purpose. Seemed to work well but very time intensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts