Halloween Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,925 Posts
Around Halloween last year, I needed to foam my (over 200) skulls, for the expanding foam is what holds them on my pikes.

I have a monthly budget, and had delayed purchase of the foam till October, as it was not a priority, thus 3 days before Halloween saw me hitting the store in search of Great Stuff.

EVERYONE was out, but there was this Touch 'N Foam Max fill.

It was cheaper than the Great Stuff, so I figured what the heck.

1.) I had no troubles with it adhering to the plaster skulls. Stuck just fine. I'm guessing your problem was with a non-pourous surface?

2.) It DOES expand more than Great Stuff, which meant fewer cans needed to foam my skulls. Major plus for my use.

3.) Here in Utah, humidity is typically near 0%, and spraying a bit of water on it did speed the expansion great. I would assume there's some max humidity where it wouldn't.

What I found challenging with working with the stuff:

When dry it is MUCH more rigid than Great Stuff, and has virtually no 'spring'. Great stuff, I can jab a pole onto it, and it's spongy enough to hold in place fine. This stuff would just bore a hole right through. This might actually be an advantage if you wanted to shape the stuff, but I had to pre-drill guid holes and be very gentle with impaling the skulls. I'm also expecting to need to re-foam those holes this year.

So, I think it has it's uses, but is definitely a different material one would need to practice and get used to.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts