Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to dress as Regan this year, the possessed girl from the Exorcist, including the 360 degree rotating head. Any ideas how best to do it?

I figure a small DC motor, preferably with wireless remote in my pocket, but it could be wired as well. I could mount the motor on a very small platform on my head, probably with a chin strap to hold it in place. Connect the motor to the underside of the top of a full-head mask and voila!

What motor would you suggest?

Any ideas to keep the mask turning cleanly around my face?

Anyone do this before?

Thanks so much in advance!

CB

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds awesome! My favorite movie! Wish i could help with suggestions but i wouldnt know where to begin.... Hope it comes together for ya, would love to see it!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,976 Posts
My only suggestion is don't try to make your head do a 360, make the costume do that cause no one wants a REAL dead person on their hands on Halloween.;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
wow that sounds really ambitious! i've never been very good with mechanics...right now i'm just astounded at the concept of an optical illusion that makes it seem a head or body is spinning...

oh i just got an idea! what if you mounted a fake head above yours? then you could make the whole thing spin no problem! without apparently running the risk of decapitating yourself...XD

also another suggestion i can offer : pea soup. lots of freshly made that day pea soup. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts