Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
We had a fatal exorcism in my city about seven or eight years ago. The victim was a teenage boy and his parents were religious fanatics. I'm not sure of the details and I'm unable to pull up any info about the case, but it was definitely one of the most shocking cases we've ever had. I personally don't believe in possession at all. I'm a huge fan of the paranormal and this topic has sprung up in conversation numerous times. Apparently people haven't heard of D.I.D. (Dissociative Indentity Disorder), more often than not the "possessed" individual is suffering from some kind of mental disorder.
Religion does some weird **** to people....

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
It doesn't surprise me at all.
I have seen so called "Exorcisms" in Haiti that were little more than an excuse to beat the bejeebas out of some poor unfortunate..All in the name of religion.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Man, they had the coolest film I got to see the other day.
Black and white. Very grainy. Southern United States maybe even BEFORE the depression. All these people in white robes with those bonnets on...not pointy hats like the KKK, but just flat to the skull white bonnets. ...and they have this one lady who is spazing out and foaming at the mouth...and they tie her to the alter...all the while these guys are banging on the drums...just STARNG forward...
and they bring out this big big cat...maybe a main coon.
And my heart is in my throat...I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT HURT..
But the guy showing me just laughed.
The head kahuna hold the cat above her and waves it over her body..about two, three feet above...nice slow motions.
The cat doesn't even CARE. You get the idea this has happened before and the drummers just keep going.
The lady settles down and they unite her and she goes down on her knees and thrusts out her arms to thank whoever was their deity behind it.
Could this have been the cat-scan, Flintstones style???

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I used to own a print shop and I had an Exorcist that used to come in to get his promotional pamphlets and "training" materials printed. Real nice guy. He and his wife traveled all over the world performing excorisms. He said most were successful and the person being excorised could usually return to the family and be "normal" again. I asked him if he thought that some of the people he worked with were mentally ill? (My mother was paranoid schizophenic and maybe could have used his services, had she still been alive.) He said yes, that he believed some were and he had been successful with cases like that. However, most were actually possessed by real demons or the Devil.

Since he trained young people to become Excorists, his training material went into great detail about what they said and did to the possessed person. Pretty freaky!

There were also a long list of things not to have around the house to insure you would not get possessed. Things such as crystals, Ninja Turtles and Halloween things. Needless to say, even though I thought it would be cool to have a real Excorist at my party, I never invited him.

·
Registered
291 Posts
whoa, this is pretty creepy stuff. i think it's more like hoodoo. it is only as powerful as a person is willing to believe in it.

a girl i used to hang out with when i was younger moved with her sister to a city several hours away. each time we went to visit her, she seemed less and less like her old self. it got to the point where everything would seem fine then suddenly she would get really quiet and turn pale and start praying to herself. she would say that she was hearing voices in her head and the devil was trying to tempt her. eventually, we never heard from her again. i didn't believe the devil was tempting her. i thought it was more like the religious people that she so wholly trusted were just totally, ruthlessly screwing up her head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts