Buying a Germmy mechanical prop is a gamble , my friend has the Jason and he's awsome. I would like to see them do Micheal Myers .
I have:Buying a Germmy mechanical prop is a gamble , my friend has the Jason and he's awsome. I would like to see them do Micheal Myers .
Well, I bought a witch with the skelly crystal ball, and it works perfectlly- I bought her last year. I took the box out today, and everything worked perfect, except for the skelly's mouth remained open.I have:
- Life size caged skel that screams and shakes - jaw works - my oldest and one of my most popular Gemmys almost 4 years old and worked great when I put it away last year.
- Dr.Shivers - a store demo I bought for less than $100 because his head would not turn. All else worked great. Three years old and worked as I bought him when I packed him away last year.
- Franky - about a year old. Worked great when unpacked last year and worked fine until sometime during Hallween night, when his sound stopped. Haven't tried to fix it yet, just packed it away. I built an operating table for him and I really don't care if he talks - Shivers is about a foot from him talking away. BTW, my son told me that while I was taking a break in the house last year, a drunk biker (neighbor had an eviction party - about demolished the inside of the house that was reposessed) walked up and started punching Franky .... a very likely cause for his malfunction.
- Witch stirring cauldron - about a year old. Big hit. Fun prop. Everything worked well when packed away.
- Witch with skel head in globe. Bought used on ebay. Nothing worked when arrived. Got a BIG refund. Worked on her until she would go through motions, and finally she talks about 50 % of the time. I changed her face so that she doesn't look like the stirring witch and they will be 2/3 of a witches coven this year.
- Hanibal the Canibal - Must have been a tough year for Spirit, I was able to combine two coupons and a sale about three days BEFORE Halloween to pick up Han - see my avatar. He was a great addition and big hit. Everything worked great until packed away.
- After Halloween I bought Harry the Headlifter - full size - from Wallmart.com for $39.00 with free shipping. Could not pass him up at that price. Not sure what I'll do with him yet, but he'll be under a roof for sure.
My tips for Gemmy ownership ...
- Handle them with as much care as possible. This is difficult sometimes because they can be hard to colapse for storage or release for display.
- Never colapse or release with the head on.
- Always colapse on a level suface.
- When releasing for display, push down on the shoulders and press the release button a GENTLY as possible.
- Be patient when releasing or colapsing
- Always make certain the head is treated with extra care and stored in bubble wrap, not able to bounce around in the box.
- Treat the base with as much care as possible - don't slam to the ground or drop to the ground from any height.
- DO NOT DISPLAY WHERE MOISTURE CAN SEEP INTO THE HEAD OR BASE OR MECHANISM - under a roofed enclosure is best.
- Store in a dry, moderate temperature environment.
my 2 cents FWIW
LOL! - I am glad you are happy with it, but if the mouth isn't working - it is working imperfect.everything worked perfect, except