Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was excited last week to see the new web site for Skulltronix and the availability of DMXorcist in several configurations. I was going to order one this week when suddenly I see an announcement that DMXorcist has been discontinued and Excorcist will also be as soon as current inventories are depleted. This is very disappointing as I had planned on using this as the backbone for my display. I have been building my 3-axis skulls with BoC control boards, have several DMX RGB lights and strobes and building my other props with DMX control.
They have a few of the regular Excorcist devices available, but I don't think this will allow me to play multiple VSA routines at the same time through the Entttec interface. This is what initially sold me on the DMX product.

Mark

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wow, you're right. I wonder if Phoenix_UK will be offering them direct. Personally, I had no immediate plans for the Exorcist, but as I expand, I was going to consider it. Seemed like a good product.

I Wonder if Brookshire will start offering similar capabilities directly within VSA. The main features I'd be interested it are triggering and multiple simultaneous routine execution.

-dgm

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Let me end this 'rumour' before it goes any further.

At no time in the foreseeable future will Exorcist, DMXorcist or Indeed Exorcist 2 which has been in development for the past 3 months become unavailable for purchase.

For the short term there will be a transition in distribution between SkullTroniX and being available directly from myself, please Contact Jerry Jewel at SkullTroniX directly regarding purchase, and if that fails then contact me.

The optical motion capture control system is also not as dead as at first suggested, the good news here is that there will probably be a cheaper and more accessible version available for self builders in the near future.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Phoenix
Thanks for the info on Magic motion.
Can you clarify "near Future"

Jerry just e mailed me saying not this season.

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Jerry probably has his own development in mind.

I need to think about the project a little first, I've got a couple of ideas, just need time to evaluate them and decide the best way forward.

There is a root to a product for this season, but I need to make a couple of decisions first.

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
Its only discontinued from the SkullTroniX product line, the product will still exist, and it will continue to evolve.

The technical support will be held by the same person it has always been held by, as indeed will warranty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sent an email to jerry myself and he replied promptly. soul things do go wrong from time to time but warranty is usually covered by the manufacturer on most items. and as for the part of lowering the price just because they are decided not to carry it anymore i disagree

kmart and walmart don't let you know they are discontinuing an item the sale it till its gone and don't order it anymore same situation

now a qty discount order 2 or 4 get a deal that would be good maybe a discount on a group buy

·
Registered
2 Posts
got my email about support for this item.. must be a concern of more than just me he said the only thing that is changing is who is selling it. he did say he decided he only wanted to promote the stuff he designed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts