Halloween Forum banner

Exciting Charity Shop Find

2K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  Scottish Scarer 
#1 ·
Having the "Post Christmas" & "not nearly close enough to Halloween" blues I was having a wander around town today and happend upon a local charity shop. I thought I would go in and see if they had any interesting bits and I could not believe my eyes when I walked in!

There, standing on a shelf, was the most beautiful piece of sculpture I have ever seen. (And I am no way into sculpture, but this has no other way of describing it!)

It was stood there looking all falorn. I looked at it for a few seconds.....saw the price tag £5 :D and thought " your coming home with me "

Tell me what you think? I think it is amazing! It is about 2ft tall and made from wrought iron. It holds 9 candles and I can not wait till I can put it out at Halloween.

What a find!

:D

See less See more
#11 ·
That is an amazing find. You can leave it the color it is or refinish in a black, throw some purple or orange candles on top and maybe weave something through, like a shredded glittered garland for a fancier effect or just some spider web for a more traditional look. Red candles would also look great and throw a great piece of red velvet underneath it for a gothic effect. Good luck and have fun you really lucked out.

#17 ·
I also went into our Wilkinsons (A store a little like your TJ Maxx), they were selling off the last of their Christmas decs. They had lots of black decorations and I managed to pick up some great baubles with stars all over them and a few other bits. All of them adaptable to Halloween and the best bit was they were reduced by 75 %.

I really like the idea of covering the tree in little lit up pumpkins, with spiderweb weaved in between!!

Ooooh Goooodie I can't wait till October!

:D

#26 ·
Hallo renescene, I love the idea of that......little light up skeleton heads!!! Fantastic!

S S did you get the candle stick? If so can we see it?

Witchiepoo....I did wonder if that was where it came from in the first place (TK Maxx) I would love to know where it originated from!

BW

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.