Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on an Anubis mask for our Egyptian haunt. Here is the progression.

The first attempt was paper mache built up on a foil impression I made of my face. The second attempt, I took a blank male mask, built up a muzzle and ears out of foil, then paper mached over top. It did not fit very well. (heavy and eyes holes in awkward place).

Third attempt, I bought a $12 werewolf mask from Kmart, shaved the long hair, painted the face black and gold, attached gold fabric.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shaving

Here is what the original mask looked like:

I did not want the hair that long for several reasons. A) Too hot B) looked too much like a wolf C) didn't like the color.

When I shaved it, I found it to be darker fur underneath. The ears and face were rubber, I did not have to shave that, just the sides, top, and back. I would have preferred no hair. When you look at pictures of Anubis, he is rarely depicted as having long hair. I thought shaving would make him look more jackal like than wolf like.

We have an electric clipper set for cutting hair, but it hardly worked on the faux hair. Just plain scissors worked fine, cutting close as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts