Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey party throwers...

I hold a big party every year in a hall and usually have 100+ guests. I usually send out "Save The Date" items for about 30 of my closer friends (last year I sent Voodoo Dolls)
In the past years I have sent Evites for the entire guest list out since it is easier to organize who is coming and who is not. I always sort of struggled with the bad interface, but i didn't know of any other options.

This year is worse than ever with it not saving your changes or changing colors, pics or fonts when prompted to do so. They also got rid of the ability to have music play or post videos or slideshows.

So Evite stinks and was wondering if you other party throwers use something else. Someone recommended Socializr to me and i may go that route.

Any help would be appreciated!
Keep up the good work,
Rock

·
Registered
387 Posts
I made my video invite using windows movie maker, which comes on windows operating systems. You can then publish the movie to your computer as a video file and then upload it to a video medium such as youtube.com. I will email or send the video as a message via facebook to my guests. The video asks they RSVP. WIth movie maker i'm sure you have a ton more options available for your creativity than an online invitation service.

Here are two i've made for this year. Haven't decided which one to use yet. If you search halloween invitation on youtube, there are a ton out there to watch and get ideas from.

YouTube - Meier Morgue Halloween Party Invite 09'

YouTube - Halloween 09' Invitation to the Meier Morgue

·
Registered
183 Posts
AmFatallyYours - love that second one! The first one was good, but the 2nd was too creepy!

mrock12079 - I think that doing it with the youtube videos would be an awesome addition to your party.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts