Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching The Army of Darkness I decided that my spider rider needed some companions. I had bough several 3 ft skeletons at Home Depots sale and decided to use those. The warriors were made for an outdoor display so all materials used would have to stand up to rain and wind. I used a variety of materials. I used a lot of scrap sign board which I got from a sign company for cheap. You can shape sign board with a heat gun, sign board is not foam board. I also used alum. flashing, jewelry chain, jump rings, wooden bits and epoxy. The jewelry things I purchased on e bay. Wire reinforced the arms in possible positions. There was a problem with the skeletons in that they are not anatomically correct, which led to some weird looking armor configurations. Over all they were easy to make. When bending the sign board I used epoxy to build up areas and then sanded. I used a primer with filler in it to cover up the sanding scratches. I bought that at Home depot. The skeleton hands were bent using the heat gun. Always were gloves when forming things with a heat gun. I have one more to make plus armoring up the spider rider. Anybody know why the pictures are sideways?

Attachments

·
Typing Away
3,560 Posts
On the pictures I have heard say that people that post pictures from there phones will have sideways pictures.
As for the skeletons you have done a great job making them warriors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow they are amazing! Wish I had seen this last year when I bought the Home Depot 6' dragon! they would have been perfect! thanks for sharing

·
Registered
351 Posts
On iPhone or iPad you have to take the photos in landscape mode or they show incorrect in this forum. I don’t know why. You can also copy the photos to your computer and use any editing software to re-save them and I think that will fix it also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts