Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I posted these in my spirit slowly restoring thread in general halloween, but don't think that will garner much attention with that subject when i update it with finished photos. So i'm making this thread to update from now on.

Here's two masks i've picked up.

this first one i'll be wearing and will be chasing people away with a chainsaw after they get their candy.

this second one i was going to have my dad wear as crowd control in an inflatable fat clown costume. but it doesn't really have much of a back and not sure i like how the eyes look. now i'm thinking of using it for the jack in the box and searching for a new mask for dad.

What do you all think? does the back of someones head matter who will be in front of people before they enter the haunt for long periods of time? have dad wear it or jack in the box it?

here it is.

now here are some giant clown shoes i finished last night. they will be scenery laying about for people to see while waiting to go into the haunt.

and here's a teaser of the oversize gun that will have have a BANG! sign hanging out of it. also just scenery. i'll be working on it more today and hopefully finish it up today or tomorrow.

stay tuned as i'll be starting construction of the jack in the box and the tent soon.

·
Bog Body
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
funny, right when i'm actually digging a hole to put out the first prop of the season a lady walking her dogs who lives across the street stops me. "Excuse me, everyone is wondering if you are doing halloween this year. We nothiced the sign was down and got worried." i told her the sign blew down in a storm and i'm actually about to put up the first prop.

then as i'm putting it up the neighbors from the same house come out to help hold it up as they saw me struggle. i don't have the wife living with me right now =( so it was heart warming and appreciated.

as i put the light out and took pics kids were commenting on it and saying how much they liked it. another kid said it's wicked and he's afraid of clown. i told him i was counting on that and this is tame. then i asked if he likes chainsaws. he said he was afraid of those too. told him to forget i said anything }=D

so here's a VIDEO of the prop i put up! it's a countdown sign/ scarecrow/ theme teaser

and two pics

hope you like it

·
Obssessed Haunter
3,039 Posts
Clowns really creep people out. Great!
I don't know that having the back missing from the 2nd mask would be a big deal as long as your Dad remembers to NOT TURN AROUND ! hehe

The clown scarecrow is a great idea ! Love they way everyone takes a traditional prop and twists it into something unique !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts