Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all this hype this year about clowns and carnivals, it is very depressing to me that I did my evil carnival last year. It would have been great if it were this year coincided with AHS: Freak Show that looks unreal!
Below are the pics to the home-made (obvisiouly) carnival tent.
Beginning Stages
photo 7.jpg

Home-made pants
photo 6.jpg

Long Shot
photo 2.jpg

Step father and mother (before mother put on her Gypsey costume)
photo 8.JPG

My brother and I
photo 9.jpg

Full night time effect
photo 3.jpg

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
ok...#1-you two boys are freakin CREEPY!!! GREAT haunt!

#2-why can't you do the same thing this year? doing a haunt is alot of work and money...seems a shame not to re=use the stuff a second year. JMTCW

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with wickedwillingwench, do it again this year! Maybe add on and make it even bigger! Get some friends to play clowns alongside you and make it a party =D

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
This looks fanfreakintastic!!! You two clowns are super creepy, in the best way. I agree with everyone else, there's no reason why you can't do the same theme & add a few new things for this year. Very creepy & scary~the older ToT's and adults must've loved it!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I say do the same theme. Maybe add in some freak show elements if you didn't have them last year. Then you can do it again, it will have something new, and will coincide with AHS!

Hype it up as bigger...better...more SINISTER!!!! MUWAHAHAHA....they shall come and be impressed!!!

Sorry, got carried away :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the words guys! I like to do a different theme every year and I have a reputation to do something new. I will it again eventually while adding more stuff to it. This year will be fun too.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,613 Posts
Ive had this sort of thing happen to me all my life. I look at it this way, you just were ahead of the game and now you can be a trendsetter for the next year. Also, Im not sure Id like to hit so many houses that all were doing the same theme, so to stand out and be different is a good thing.

If your really bumming about it, I agree to add to it but it seems your like me and like to do different themes, so I would just go with that.

BTW, Im doing a carnevil this year too, Dead Moon Circus, but I didnt have them in my theme last year so thats why they are up for this year. People really respond to them differently (even adults) than any of my other themes I had done. Clowns are always a good scare-portunity. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive had this sort of thing happen to me all my life. I look at it this way, you just were ahead of the game and now you can be a trendsetter for the next year. Also, Im not sure Id like to hit so many houses that all were doing the same theme, so to stand out and be different is a good thing.

If your really bumming about it, I agree to add to it but it seems your like me and like to do different themes, so I would just go with that.

BTW, Im doing a carnevil this year too, Dead Moon Circus, but I didnt have them in my theme last year so thats why they are up for this year. People really respond to them differently (even adults) than any of my other themes I had done. Clowns are always a good scare-portunity. :)
Perfectly said!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks man! I was able to do a few fun little things that I found on here. Basically it was as though the Clown (me) had taken over the circus and killed everyone. I had the fire breather (with a sign announcing his act) roasting on the spit all charred. I had the sword swallower (with sign) a skeleton with a sword down his throat... at the mechanical clown from spirit in a tent with a footpad so when kids looked in, they started the footpad and the animatronic came to life... I would walk around and hand out balloons.. then I walked around with the jack in the box slowly turning the knob, playing the song... then while the kids were focused on the box I would yell boo! and scare them before the pop up could.. Id then hop around and hoot and howl like Jack Nicholson in Batman... it all worked pretty good...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks man! I was able to do a few fun little things that I found on here. Basically it was as though the Clown (me) had taken over the circus and killed everyone. I had the fire breather (with a sign announcing his act) roasting on the spit all charred. I had the sword swallower (with sign) a skeleton with a sword down his throat... at the mechanical clown from spirit in a tent with a footpad so when kids looked in, they started the footpad and the animatronic came to life... I would walk around and hand out balloons.. then I walked around with the jack in the box slowly turning the knob, playing the song... then while the kids were focused on the box I would yell boo! and scare them before the pop up could.. Id then hop around and hoot and howl like Jack Nicholson in Batman... it all worked pretty good...
Yeah man, that sounds sick.
I had the tent and Inside were the headstones, figures (like the grim reaper), and I got orange lights and put balls from a ball pit on the, so it looks like carnival lights. There was a smoke machine blowing the smoke into the tent which got really freaky with the effects. My brother and I had the handheld clown horns and would sneak up on people and blow the horn. I also had my mom the gypsy in the ticket booth handing out tickets to get into the carnival (ticket for candy). Lastly, I had the eerie carnival/clown music blaring out of the window on a loop.

I think if we lived next to each other, it would have gotten really out-of-control :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts