Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My yard is clear, everything is down and it's back to normal. Of course, the garage is full and we still have to pack everything away which we'll do this weekend. How long does everyone leave their stuff up? I saw that the few houses that were decorated were largely down this morning around here. It isn't like anyone takes down their Christmas decorations the day after Christmas, I wonder what the rush is for Halloween?

·
Registered
149 Posts
i was thinking the same thing about removing decorations. I had half my decorations down before 6:00 last night but when it comes to Christmas I leave stuff up for at least a month a month - I once even left up some lighted garland for an entire year:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
So far the only things that have been brought in is my witches and their cauldron. Being that the cauldron is made entirely out of cardboard and paper mache and the witches hands and faces have a lot of paper mache and it started raining last night and snowing this morning, I figured it best to bring them in so not to risk damage. The reaper, the packing tape ghost, spider and my tombstones are still outside. Snow is supposed to clear later this week and we will get the rest of the stuff taken down.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I cleared the yard today, also stacked in the garage awaiting pack up this weekend. I still have a skeleton in a chair on the roof but I need the tall kid down the street to help me with that so he will stay up there until he is home. All of my inside stuff is still out.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cleared the yard today, also stacked in the garage awaiting pack up this weekend. I still have a skeleton in a chair on the roof but I need the tall kid down the street to help me with that so he will stay up there until he is home. All of my inside stuff is still out.
My inside is a mess. All of the lights were taken down and put back in the boxes so the dining room table is covered in boxes. All of the extension cords were tied up with zip-ties and put into boxes, which are in the living room. Everything that was on the candy table, including the candelabra and a pile of skulls, are on the kitchen counter, plus whatever candy is left. I have to see how much of this I can get out of here before my wife gets home from work. :)

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
We always take all of our stuff down and into the garage Halloween night after the kids are all gone. Like to think that Halloween is a magical night when all the ghosts and goblins come out and disappear until next year. Kind of a pain to do and try to make our displays not too complicated so that it doesn't take too long (we don't eat dinner--usually out--until it's done). This year all was garaged and lighting and cords cleaned of dirt so sometime this week it will just be easy to pack away. Took 45 minutes this go around.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's kind of become a tradition for me to see how fast i can get it down the next day. My record is an hour, but that was last year. I don't know what the big rush is with removing Halloween. Probably because everyone seems to have Christmas on the mind before Halloween even gets here. There really isn't much after Christmas unless you put up an MLK manger.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I use to leave things up for weeks until I would receive a letter from the HOA. The last two years I would pick up my outdoor halloween decorations nov. 1st. Since it rained all evening Halloween i'm going to wait a few days so my stuff dries out. I will probably leave the indoor halloween decorations up until Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Everything is down - except a cheesecloth draped line with light strings attached to PVC posts along my sidewalk. It was merely damp last night and the lying weatherman said the rain would not start until around noon. So rather than store it damp- I thought I'd have until the morning to take it down. HA! It was raining first this morning and now the darned thing will have to stay up until it stops raining... maybe until Saturday! :mad:

·
The Haunting Girl
880 Posts
I start tear down Halloween night. I got a decent amount of stuff in last night, and the rest was cleared in under 4 hours today. I think that's a new record for me. Most of it is already boxed and packed away, but I have a few things that need to be cleaned/disassembled before storing away. My window displays are off now, but I haven't packed them up yet. I'll probably have most of it packed up and stored by early next week.
It did used to take me a few days just to get the yard cleared and probably like a month and half to pack it away. Now I've got things more organized so it's not a huge chaotic mess. I don't leave my décor up just to add to the idea that the cemetery is magic... The kid next door came out as I was grabbing the last extension cord and he couldn't believe it was all gone already. I told him it disappeared and he was like "Don't tell me that... you're trying to scare me."

·
Registered
18 Posts
I try to take everything down as fast as I can. It’s great if I can manage all that night.

I feel like it adds to the creepiness factor... if that kid rides by the house the next morning and everything is gone, maybe they’ll be even more curious..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
motion-ettes 17.jpg
These were some of my last decorations to get packed up. I had today off so I wanted to make the most of it. Thankfully I made good progress. I think Christmas stays up so long because people still celebrate New Years Eve or take the following days after to spend more time with friends and family. Part of my family even observes Russian Orthodox Christmas, which falls on January 7

·
Registered
715 Posts
My neighbor takes her stuff down every night after Halloween but she just has 4 blow up items. I took down 90% last night
because rain was coming and it did. So all electric, lights etc came in, just about everything else. I only left the wooden fencing
up and will deal with that tomorrow.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just turned on the outside lights and geez, you forget how bright things are when you're not using all low wattage bulbs! You can actually see!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Took all day today just to remove the scares and controllers, speakers, receivers, lightning simulator, fire simulators, fog machines, lasers,and all other electronic devices. Still have the castle wall facade, all the walls, all the wiring, alll of the cemetery and all the leaves and pine straw used in the cemetery to remove. Typically it takes me 3 weekends to get everything down and stored.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts