Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago I used poetry in newspaper ads and I had another poem i would inflict upon guests as the entered the house and were a captive audience seated in the dark in my first room.
My first poem was very long(To be reciting it to people as they sat in the dark!)
My next poem was crafted to remain short because it was a newspaper ad and it had to be 25? words or less to qualify for the cheap rate.
It was appearing weekly in The Chicago Reader newspaper... cost me $10.oo?
AND HERE IT IS!

Mount Carroll, Spooky little town,
Culture shock, Touch death's gown,
One hour tour, guaranteed Scare!
Tempt the night.
Stain your under ware!
phone: 1-815-244-4746 (Grin)

The Reader had some very funny personal ads. there was one that went something like this:"If you like four-wheeling, Country music, Camping ,having your boy friend having s x with my sister, then Don't call me!'--(I would assume that could kind of go without "Saying".?)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thats a good idea. When we first moved here our neighbor told us most everyone of the street decorates. So we jumped in feet first
At first we would get 200-300 TOT's then after upgrading our theme as it got bigger we usually get 500-700 TOT's as word has spread
our street is the place to go for Halloween. Advertising is a good idea if your not getting alot of tots.... then word of mouth will spread
and hopefully year by year you get more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts