Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started rolling out my set-up this week. I had a hard time finding some essential items and have just decided to buy more instead of searching for hours on end. The first two things on my list are must haves and the third thing is something that I forget until the night of when I am doing final set-up. Anybody want to add to the list to help others out?

Needed Essentials

Black Zip Ties
Black Duck Tape
Rock Salt for the Fog Chiller

·
Registered
575 Posts
I stocked up on these extension cord covers several years ago, they're really great for keeping your connections dry:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Extension-Cord-Safety-Seal-Green-H-EXT-301-GRN/204485131

But I think I got them cheaper than that. IIRC I bought them in 2-packs for like $6 each. I'd also add reflective tape to the list (good for lining the inside of your homemade light cans) and stakes of some sort (rebar, or bamboo stakes, which is what I personally use to keep my tombstones upright).

I guess my list isn't really an essential "night of" type of thing, more of a "Halloween display essentials" list.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I started rolling out my set-up this week. I had a hard time finding some essential items and have just decided to buy more instead of searching for hours on end. The first two things on my list are must haves and the third thing is something that I forget until the night of when I am doing final set-up. Anybody want to add to the list to help others out?

Needed Essentials

Black Zip Ties
Black Duck Tape
Rock Salt for the Fog Chiller
I am intrigued by the rock salt. I assume it's to make it colder? How much do you add?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Black spray paint, more outdoor electrical cords, more rebar, zip ties - we use so much of these things each season that it's pretty much just a given that we should grab extra when we see some.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I made up my mind the other day in the store when I was scouring down the the main aisle and ran smack into a battery display. Every year we go through the same thing of not having enough batteries. HHHhahaaaa....not this year.... I bought $50.00 worth, have all the sizes we need.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Black electrical tape
Flat black spray paint
Flat gray spray paint
Gorilla glue
Mechanics wire
Command hooks
Fishing line
Batteries
Creepy cloth, cheese cloth, etc
Landscape fabric staples (tack down extension cords)
Beer
Very solid list. I like the way you snuck in the last item. :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am intrigued by the rock salt. I assume it's to make it colder? How much do you add?
The science hurts my head, but the ice cream salt melts the top layer of ice then it refreezes and has a lower melting point. I still have not bought any yet, but last year I waited until Halloween to buy it and I had to visit more than one grocery store.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Large tarp, lots of rope, duct tape, gallon of bleach, machete, oops, wrong list, never mind............

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Screw gun with extra charged batteries and plenty of screws of varying lengths.
Many small extension cords. Yes, you need more!
Cube taps
Long twist ties
A collection of wood scraps for minor repairs and adjustments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts