Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an Epson projector model number 1705 as this unit has a usb slot so I could put a,flash drive in it. I see them on eBay starting at $75. I used the atmosfearfx digital projector which was more than fine for my window Hollusion for Halloween but now looking for a bit more clarity and more lumens 2200 for my Christmas window projections. Is anyone familiar with this unit? The seller seems to get these projectors often, he says he cleans them up and sells them.

I don't want to deal with a laptop, DVD player, as I don't have either, or computer, etc.... Just plug and play. And this seemed the easiest

·
Registered
168 Posts
Cutting out the additional equipment would be great, but that's not what that USB does. The projector doesn't have any capability for independently running movie files. The USB port allows you to connect an additional computer and project that computer's screen through the projector.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
There are two usb type a is for a,flash drive.
I think chaoscat may be right. I don't see anything in the PDF manual that states it will directly play files from a USB flash drive. It shows that "A" port as a way to connect compatible cameras etc. I could be wrong but these projectors typically don't have hardware/firmware for decoding video files, they simply project what the source is inputting.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm really not too sure. I read some reviews that mentioned powerpoint presentations put on the flash drive which they just plugged in and played but now come to think of it no one mentioned movies.

·
Registered
668 Posts
In theory , it supports mpg and mov file formats (page 108 of the manual), so it should be able to play those from a flash drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts