Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The idea came up when Audible mentioned that he'd was a first time haunter, and he'd made three tombstones, but didn't have time to put anything on them. This got me thinking, sometimes when you're rushing around trying to get your projects finished, it can be hard to stop, sit down and ponder what kind of epitaph to put on your stones.

For those of us that may be be suffering from writer's block, or just are better prop builders than wordsmiths, I thought that we could post some of our favorites here. Heck we share how-to's on just about anything and/or everything else so why not. This also applies to those that you've encountered in your travels that gave you a chuckle or made you groan...

I'll start things off w/ ones in my own graveyard, and please, if you like what you see, by all means, go ahead and use them if you wish, with my heartfelt blessings...

So here we go:

The Wolfman - He Bit The Bullet

The Invisible Man - Nothing To See Here

Dr. Jeckyl - The Doctor Is Out

The Wicked Witch Of The East - She's Not In Kansas Anymore

Medusa - She Got Stoned

Jason - Back in 5 Minutes

Freddy K. - Rest In Pieces

Phantom Of The Opera - He Brought Down The House

Cap'n Hook - He Couldn't Beat The Crock

Jack The Ripper - A Real Lady Killer

Creature Of The Black Lagoon - He Sleeps With The Fishes

Frankenstein's Monster - He Went To Pieces

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been using my degrees in anthropology and history to gather colonial American and Irish and British epitaphs. I'll post a list as a tutorial once I get them organized.
Now that just goes to show just how much foresight and commitment to the season the members to this board have. Someone who before joining, went to college for what, 4 years minimum, so as to pursue not one but two college degrees that would help serve them in their endeavors here..

ondeko, I applaud you! ;)

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
How else do you turn an interest in funerary art, folklore, and populations studies into a viable degree program--you drop back and punt. Seriously, the degrees are actually useful for getting historical societies and small museums to respond with questions about their holdings and for information about the less known [often virtually forgotten] cemeteries. For some reason they get the impression I'm writing a book :) My wife is amused that I found a way to use college to support my Halloween activities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts