Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else sick and tired of hearing about "The Joker"? I mean if I see anymore freakin mask I'll want to perminetly glue them inside of the toilt!

That's all just had to vent. get some originality people.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
why the hate....

but...
but....
i's werked so hard...
so much effort put forth...
it's almost done...
and i did so much...
*sniff*...
hate on the people who don't try....

the hype is awful, yeah he was good in it, its sad hes dead, but let it go...
every time i hear someone say 'i saw the dark knight for heath' i stop listening.
i saw the dark knight cause its batman, and i am a shameless comic nerd

and frank miller redefined all the characters including the joker, heath just put it on the big screen.
ledgers not 'OMG the best evar' he's the best for that universe. just like jack nicholson was the best for burton. and cesar romero was the best for adam west batman. it's all about the universe its in.

im sick of hearing about how he'll never be recast no matter how many films they do after this one.
joker is essential to batman.
he's the arch villain.
the part will be recast after painstakingly sifting through thousands of people to find the right person to do it.
they wont just throw some one who will half a-- it...
instead of complaining about it... be happy cause then there will be Harley Quinn :)

but back to the costume stuff, some people are trying really hard to do it decently and not make a mockery of the character,
others that half attempt it are being lazy and should be glued to a toilet.
don't hate all the joker cosplayer's just because a few don't want to give the effort.

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
nope - it's everywhere because he did such a fantastic job & before that it was johnny depp as jack sparrow - equally well deserved praise & admiration. :)

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Hey, better "The Joker" than "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Almost every year there is one hot costume that kids all want. My nine-year-old daughter wanted to go as Hannah Montana this year. But she changed her mind when she saw a black leather Witch costume.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think I'v sceen like 3 people that are making there own and that's on this forum. I was at the spirit store yesterday when a group of boys came in and got all the same thing.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i agree with you, if Heath Ledger didnt die, this would just be just like the batman movie that came out a couple years ago, It would of failed

I got some bad news guys, they have enough film of Ledger to make a sequal:(

oh yeah, Spiderman could beat batman to a pulp any day

Heath was great. That's the only reason I saw this new movie. I'd just hate to see a bunch of people mock him in such a way. After all this was his best movie along with The Patriot. Ahh Spidy Man, there are never enough of them walking the streets on trick or treat night.

·
1,182 Posts
the strange lack of spiderman...

i think i have an idea as to why that costume is not more popular. me thinks it has something to do with the costume itself. no matter which version you buy or make, there is nothing more than a thin layer of fabric between you and the rest of the world. :eek:

as for jokers here, there's myself, The Real Joker, and who else?
is The Joker dressing up as his namesake too?

for a sequel, yeah there is enough film, but how much is usable?
and its only enough for one film.
if #3 does well then you can expect a #4...
and there are only so many realistic and entertaining bat villains...
if they play it right they can make an awesome saga of films... they just have to make a good third film...

As far as the movie goes it was great, all the actors performed well (except for the batvoice :mad:) i don't think it would have failed if he hadn't died, especially not after the hype they were doing for it. a lot of people were pumped to see the dark knight long before ledgers tragic death.

witchiepoo and Wolfman are right every year there is bound to be one big costume, this year its joker...
the weird thing is, i see stores stocked with more batman suits that joker costumes (and its not because the jokers are selling like hot cakes)

the fight i want to see is batman verses ironman... :D

·
MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY!
100,685 Posts
I will reserve judgement until I see Ledger's performance. I liked Jack Nicolson's Joker. But
haven't read DC and Marvel comics for over forty years, I can tell you this, the comic book
Joker would've killed both Ledger and Nicolson to show his appreciation of their impersonation
of him. That's the way he is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sick of it. It is a very popular costume this year, but every year has its popular movie-inspired costumes. Its nice especially to see people putting real work into the costume too, hunting through thrift stores/sewing their own clothes. Sure there are plenty of people buying the premade costumes but that goes with any costume/character.

As for the movie, I thought it was great. I'm really in to the comic and action movies. It being Heath's second to last movie certainly boost it's popularity, hype, and sales, but I can definitely say that I would have thoroughly enjoyed the movie and the Joker very much either way.

·
1,182 Posts
i think they would go at each other for a bit...
do some heavy damage...
stop, think about the situation and go out for drinks...
then in a new effort to stop crime they would unveil....

THE IRONBAT :D:D:D

·
1,182 Posts
the hulk would rip his tiny lil head off... then feel bad about it...

either that or basty would know enough to stay at a good distance, till banner was calmed, down then strike....

captain america vs. the batman?

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the hulk would rip his tiny lil head off... then feel bad about it...

either that or basty would know enough to stay at a good distance, till banner was calmed, down then strike....

captain america vs. the batman?

I'm down for Captin America. I just really hate batman. He's such a nerd. I really wish the joker would just take him out.

·
1,182 Posts
Joker wont take his batty buddy out... he has too much fun messing with him;)
Capt. on the other hand might just make bats disappear.... he does have govt. connections....

i like a lot of comic characters, most of them have issues too... Joker, Deadpool, Sabretooth... i seems to like bad guys... how strange

so what about dark claw?... the wolverine/batman atrocity....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts