Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site.

This version has been designed to have a clean look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread URL, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

​If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top corner menu (
) and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

We will use this as the feedback thread for any bugs, etc, so please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

-Philip

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,299 Posts
I use the forum way more on desktop than my phone but I'm posting this from my phone and it seems perfectly fine to me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My smart phone is too old to support the new version, apparently...it wouldn't load at all :(
Just a head's up that some of us still have really old smart phones & do not upgrade every time there is a new version
Thank you for the link at the bottom to choose not to use the new mobile version. Clicked that & I was able to get back into the forum no problem

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
thumbs up from me so far! Seems easier to navigate on my phone, so thank you! Have to do some exploring now!

·
Jumpin' Jack Flash
1,299 Posts
nobody else seems to be having this problem, so i'm probably just not quite getting the hang of it yet, but i'm having trouble with multiple page threads and the back button.

i'm not even 100% sure what it's doing, but last night i noticed i'd click on a thread, and get into the second or third page of it, then back out to the forum. when i clicked on the thread again, it was already on the second or third page even though i'd backed out.

·
Administrator
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nobody else seems to be having this problem, so i'm probably just not quite getting the hang of it yet, but i'm having trouble with multiple page threads and the back button.

i'm not even 100% sure what it's doing, but last night i noticed i'd click on a thread, and get into the second or third page of it, then back out to the forum. when i clicked on the thread again, it was already on the second or third page even though i'd backed out.
It caches where you are so you can pick up where you left of I believe.

Kyle

·
Prince of Arkham Asylum
2,553 Posts
Ok, dumb question... If I switch away from the enhanced view, how do I switch it back to enhanced?

·
Registered
214 Posts
So far so good. The new mobile format is an improvement from the old version for sure. Thanks to those to made the upgrades!

·
Administrator
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Question. In the new skin how do I "Thank" for a post or "Think a post is killer" ?
That has not been added yet. The mobile version of the site is an in house product of ours so we are making upgrades often. Adding like will come. Specifically adding this post is killer may be a little more complicated.
-Philip

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
so...maybe I am just stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how to access photo albums when on a profile view. What am I doing wrong?

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I like it! I had to get the hang of not having the newest posts show first, like I have it set on the regular site. I like the slide bar for multiple page threads, it makes it easy to get to the end, which is where I begin!

If the regular site were to be able to use something like that, I wouldn't have it set for newest posts first. It gets a little confusing, reading them when someone references "the above post", and for me, it's actually the post below. (I'd have the same trouble with the words "previous post", because it's just the order, not the words...I'm blonde ;) )

·
Registered
63 Posts
The new version definitely seem easier to navigate. The only issue I am having is due more to my preferences. I prefer the dark mode just seems more Halloween :). That being said; I don't log in on my mobile devise or save any cookies so the dark settings don't stay and without logging in I cant see any images :( . I am on call 24/7 so my mobile devise is also my work phone/camera/email acct.etc...., and I need to keep it cleaned out as much as possible. Like I said just an issue of my preferences more than any thing else.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts