I'm going to a halloween party and I need your opinion between these costumes:

an escaped mental asylum patient who is a masocist

leatherface

michael myers

a dapper corpse

·
The Halloween King
626 Posts
I like classics and think Michael Myers is an awesomely frightening costume, if done right.

If you want originality i'd go for the metal asylum patient.

I did leatherface once, didn't do anything for me. But that's me.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I'm going to a halloween party and I need your opinion between these costumes:

an escaped mental asylum patient who is a masocist

leatherface

michael myers

a dapper corpse
Some opinions:
an escaped mental asylum patient who is a masocist:
Could be great fun - especially if you have access to a straitjacket...a little bit of make up work (add a couple of "injuries" with some latex...perhaps put a safety pin or such into one of them..
This one may take some acting ability however...you'll want to turn everything anyone says to you into some kind of statement that means they're going to hurt you now...please...
Oh yeah...lots of fun!

leatherface - almost more of a physique based kind of costume in my opinion...anyone who's short or thin won't pull it off so well. Lots and lots of fun with a chainsaw and intimidation though.
The hair might be a stretch - if you have short hair, or are bald at all, you'll want a wig to give that wild, manic hair that just screams "I sleep with corpses".

michael myers - another one where I'd say height is a real factor. This one's a great excuse to get uncomfortably close to people, just to watch them squirm. Real advantage to this one is, it's all mask based...once the mask is off, even the costume (assuming a simple jumpsuit) is kind of non-descript.

a dapper corpse - this one would certainly take some work for the makeup, but can be just as much fun as the mental patient (if not more so), with turning every phrase into something about being passed on...buried...already dead...body parts falling off...dead friends...and on and on...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts