Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather sucks, all but one of my minions have disappeared, my health has taken a painful downturn, and I'm so far behind I'll be lucky to catch up in time for Halloween... 2015.

At the same time, I REFUSE to miss a second Halloween in a row. At this point, I'm throwing out all my planned themes and forgetting any notion of putting out the antiques and taxidermy I've been carefully collecting to use as props for years. I'm even eschewing the eerie elegant feel that I've been preparing for. It is time to get down and dirty in preparation for the City contest on the 28th. I'm gathering up the "orange and black aisle" props I haven't given away yet, possibly a few mannequins too, and aiming for a mildly humorous display that's relatively quck to set up and reasonably weather-resistant. Contest judging takes place from the street in front of the house so everything has to be visible from "the cheap seats," zero subtlety required. I have a ton of pose and stay skeles I would love to incorporate, as well as the usual array of rubber rats and spiders, organs, that kind of thing. Everything will be to the front of the house, which consists of two oddly shaped patches of lawn flanking a big wide driveway.

My thought is to do a Halloween twist on "Unpleasant Ways to Die" (suggestions for a snazzier title are welcome). For example:

• A person hanging himself accidentally on a string of holiday lights.
  • A person being force fed poison by rats.
  • A body cut in half by the Grim Reaper's scythe.
  • A person drowned while bobbing for apples
  • Someone poisoned or with a bleeding mouth from tainted candy
  • Spider cocoon victim
  • Living scarecrow
  • Crushed by a pile of pumpkins
There have to be a ton of scenarios I can incorporate. Since I will be physically unable to set up and will probably not be able to be physically present during most of the prop placements, things need to be super easy for a rank amateur to "get" and place on her own.

HELP!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, so here goes. I apologize for being grim and nasty in advance.

-Boiled alive in witch's cauldron
-Impaled by flying witch's broom
-Eaten by zombie trick-or-treater
-Cut while carving pumpkins
-Decapitated by closing coffin
-Choked on pumpkin head piece with no air holes
-Cursed spellbook which kills the one who opens it
-Burned alive as a witch
-Mutilated by the summoned demon when playing with an ouija-board
-Eaten by cursed jack-o-lantern
-Spider egg candy which hatches in stomach, spiders crawl out of mouth and tummy
-Bitten in neck by giant bat

Hope these do for starters. I can come up for more later. :D

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you don't mind "preachy" and have a car parked in your driveway, I can see this appealing to city judges as horrible ways to die. A skellie behind the driver's wheel drinking a bottle of beer (or holding it out the window in his hand for added visibility) running down a skellie texting & walking.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Well, last weekend some boy scouts chopped down a tree that landed on a guy riding his motorcycle...yes, the guy was riding on the road.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please keep the ideas and comments flowing, everyone! I'm listening!

ETA: I'm thinking perhaps the title should be changed to "Hazards of Halloween"?

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Impaled by falling on a broken bone from a skeleton.

It was a bad idea to use a real meat cleaver in your horror butcher shop last year, then store it on a high shelf it could fall from...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Pile of leaves with a dummy/skellie hiding underneath and they get run over by a car.
Death by lawnmower.
Consumed by a sinkhole.
Crucifixion.
Being flayed alive.
Woodchipper.
Pit of poisonous snakes.
Red hot poker up the arse.
Molten metal/liquid poured down the throat.
Have you ever heard of the brazen bull? Look it up.
Last but not least EBOLA, because for crying out loud if you watch the news you have it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts