Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few pictures of my embalming table. I am just about done with it. There are a few details I have to finish yet. The main part of table was actually a display stand from a Ford dealership. My neighbor brought it to me and I knew what I wanted to do with it the moment I saw it.

My corpse is made out of PVC, chicken wire, and some foam. There is a cylinder underneath that will make him sit up and there is going to be a series of air nozzles underneath the table that will spray the tots when he sits up. The scene is going to be an embalming that goes wrong. Lights will go off, alarms will come on, he'll sit up and scream as the tots get sprayed. Hoping it will give them a nice little scare. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would have been creeped out working on this prop. You know like when you leave the shop or garage, turn off the lights to call it a night and the thing sits up on you...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
Looks great! Sounds like a guaranteed scream on the big night! :D

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing! Where did you get those hands, feet and mask?? They are awesome! Oh and he seems to be missing one foot :D

Really nice prop and the spray should really take the tot'ers off guard!

MsM

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes it is a little creepy. I've been leaving it in the darkened garage with the door up in the evenings when I am not working in there just to freak the neighbors out a little. ;)

Awesome. What mask and hands are you using??????
it is actually a foam filled head from Wright f/x (Brian Wright) good stuff. I added a little grey to make him a little more dead looking.

the hands were last halloween clearance items from Kmart. They were stakes that you stuck in the ground. I saw them at Party City this year. Haven't made it to Kmart yet to see if they have this year again ?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing! Where did you get those hands, feet and mask?? They are awesome! Oh and he seems to be missing one foot :D

Really nice prop and the spray should really take the tot'ers off guard!

MsM
Ha ha, you noticed ? well, I built all of this on a small budget . That "foot" is actually one of those Walgreens $5.99 severed legs. I have been unable to find a comparable right foot so far. I am either going to do a "stump" or a shoe on that side if I need to. I actually bought real toe tags, so as long as I have 1 toe to hang it on, I am a happy camper. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
It looks great!!! I think what would really be nice to add, would be if you could find some old yellowish silicone tubing and put a couple catheters in his neck and the other in his a feet and then lead them out into big jar filled with blood and on with a greenish liquid.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
yes it is a little creepy. I've been leaving it in the darkened garage with the door up in the evenings when I am not working in there just to freak the neighbors out a little. ;)

it is actually a foam filled head from Wright f/x (Brian Wright) good stuff. I added a little grey to make him a little more dead looking.

the hands were last halloween clearance items from Kmart. They were stakes that you stuck in the ground. I saw them at Party City this year. Haven't made it to Kmart yet to see if they have this year again ?

Ha ha, you noticed ? well, I built all of this on a small budget . That "foot" is actually one of those Walgreens $5.99 severed legs. I have been unable to find a comparable right foot so far. I am either going to do a "stump" or a shoe on that side if I need to. I actually bought real toe tags, so as long as I have 1 toe to hang it on, I am a happy camper. :D
I'd go for the stump :)
Dang, wish I had a Kmart of party city here!

MsM

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here's a few pictures of my embalming table. I am just about done with it. There are a few details I have to finish yet. The main part of table was actually a display stand from a Ford dealership. My neighbor brought it to me and I knew what I wanted to do with it the moment I saw it.

My corpse is made out of PVC, chicken wire, and some foam. There is a cylinder underneath that will make him sit up and there is going to be a series of air nozzles underneath the table that will spray the tots when he sits up. The scene is going to be an embalming that goes wrong. Lights will go off, alarms will come on, he'll sit up and scream as the tots get sprayed. Hoping it will give them a nice little scare. :D

Wow Diabolik, I just love your corpse and what a great table!!!
Oh, and (1) toe to hang a toe tag on, hehehehe :)

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It looks great!!! I think what would really be nice to add, would be if you could find some old yellowish silicone tubing and put a couple catheters in his neck and the other in his a feet and then lead them out into big jar filled with blood and on with a greenish liquid.
If you look on my bench in the first picture, you will see the embalming machine I bought this year. It now bubbles and will be filled with a UV reactive dye and lit with a blacklight. I have the hose and blood bottle, I just need to make up some sort of catheter. ;)

I'd go for the stump :)
Dang, wish I had a Kmart of party city here!

MsM
Ms Meeple, I will keep an eye out for those hands. If Kmart has them again this year, I'll gladly hook you up with some after Halloween. Maybe I can even snag you a foot or 2 ? :D I won't forget.

Wow Diabolik, I just love your corpse and what a great table!!!
Oh, and (1) toe to hang a toe tag on, hehehehe :)
Thanks, I was determined to do at least one bare foot. a toe tag just wouldn't look right tied to one of my old Sketchers....:eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
embalming table

WELCOME TO HAUNTED HOLLOW - pictures from the past yearsI love the face and hands as well as the sitting up idea. Not trying to brag but I have a real embalming table and that is very creepy thinking how many people actually laid on it over the years. It is not a very good picture but I want to share. Oh and yes that is a real wooden box that had embalming fluid in it (very old) feel free to check out the rest of the pictures and website.
Happy Haunting! Hearsen

·
Registered
291 Posts
Diabolik, that embalming table is great!! It would really creep me out just sitting in the garage.

Great job!

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you look on my bench in the first picture, you will see the embalming machine I bought this year. It now bubbles and will be filled with a UV reactive dye and lit with a blacklight. I have the hose and blood bottle, I just need to make up some sort of catheter. ;)

Ahh ok, very cool, didn't even see that... so you have all the bases covered for sure... please post more pics once you are completed... can not wait to the finished work of art. :D

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Ms Meeple, I will keep an eye out for those hands. If Kmart has them again this year, I'll gladly hook you up with some after Halloween. Maybe I can even snag you a foot or 2 ? :D I won't forget.
Very nice of you to offer. Thanks! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts