Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a morgue type scene in my garage this year. I found just about everything I needed including a sweet metal table with wheels to put the lucky corpse on. I was going to build a "prop" embalming machine and was collecting all the parts until a lucky phone call landed me this gem. I just got it in today. I am planning on adding a small air pump to create some bubbling action. I also ordered some wildfire UV reactive dye to put in the water. I want to backlight the whole thing with one of Minion's web UV LED spots. I'll get some pictures as soon as I make some progress on it. Hoping to get it gutted tomorrow and install the pump. :D

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
OMG I want one!!! I thought I was lucky when the nurse let walk off with my wife's spent IV bags after some out-patient surgery. :D

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just remember, embalming fluid is a bright pink-orange... that is unless you wanna go hardcore Herbert West and inject green, glowing reanimation fluid.

Excellent, prop. Very frikkin' well done.
Thanks Spats.

I was lucky, the gentleman I got this from was very enthusiastic about embalming and not only explained the embalming fluids, but also the major points of injection and drainage. The reactive dye I purchased is supposed to be red/orange. We'll see how that works out.

My idea was to run a small airline from the pump inside the unit out through the fluid hose into the neck of my corspe. I was then going to continue on from there into my "drain" bottle that will be full of fake blood and bubbling slightly. I wanted to make it look like the machine was pumping stuff in and the bottle collecting the blood. Trying to keep it simple without actually moving any fluids. :)

I would be nice if I could find some red tubing for my drain hose so it looked like there was something in it, but I haven't gotten that far yet. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts