Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working on our first yard (we have a small yard) haunt for effect and picked up the Eliminator EF-1000 fogger.

Plugged it in, when the ready light kicked off, the machine spit out the tiniest amount of fog and proceeded to do NOTHING. Pump didn't work, and strangely, it began to cool off.

Now the heater won't kick in at all.

Called them up, they sent me a new one and followed the instructions as carefully as possible. Ready light turned off, unit felt quite warm to the touch, so I pushed the switch down to start fogging. Exact same problem. Except this time I didn't even hear the pump turn. Heater quit heating up after this.

Am I retarded? I swear I'm following the instructions and not bricking the unit. What might cause the heater to stop working? I pulled the case off and checked the wiring, everything seems fine. Is there something I can check for with a multi-meter?

I'm pretty much ready to give up on the company and just head to Spirit for 'something' to get us going...

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried a bunch of outlets around my house with no luck. Hmm I'll try one with a tiny load but why would it work once and then not work?

Oh and yes the fuse is still good. The remote control light still kicks in.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like you got into a bad batch of that fogger.

Sorry for your luck but it doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a quick update, I called these guys up and they sent me a third fogger. The guy promised me on the phone that he'd pull one off the line and test it for me before sending it.

Third fogger works great! So props to these guys, they are pretty decent.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just recieved the same one and noticed the tiniest fog spurt out and it appears they tested it before shipping as there was minor condensation in the machine. I sent them an email we will see how they respond.:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a bit strange. I usually got in after max 20 minutes. I know they were moving to a new location, maybe that's causing problems with customer service?

It was odd, I called eliminator lighting and after the 2nd broken machine, they gave me the number to the actual manufacturer. That's when they sent me my third, tested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts