Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it all set up last night, I've got about 90% done, just a few things left to go up. New this year, I made two cheese cloth ghosts to go in the upstairs windows, new grave stones and new ground breakers, also the three hanging spiders, and the big project this year is the Grave yard fence. Let me know what you think :>)

elguapoguano/Halloween 2008 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love it! The spiders will look great at night! ^^

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanx for the great feedback

Very good job. One thing I noticed was the night image in the window. How did you do that?

Papa_k The ghosts in the windows were really pretty simple. I just bought some cheese cloth from a fabric store, then soaked the cloth in RIT in a bucket for a few hours (that stuff really makes the cloth glow well) Found the perfect skulls at Spirit Halloween (the skulls already were open to the bottom with a very small hole in the top of their heads) I bent a wire coat hanger shoved the top through the heads then re-bent them to create a hook at the top, then cut the hanger at the bottom and bent them out to create mock arms. After the cheese cloth was dried I just draped it over the skull and clothes hanger. I placed 48" black lights above the inside of the window, then hung the ghosts in place :)

The Spiders were the wife's idea (she is actually getting into the spirit this year!) Luckily I didn't have to climb the tree to get them in place, just some string and a few well placed throws up in the tree, then tied off the other end of the string to the base of the tree.

I've still got to put out my Giant 25'x25' spiderweb and my 8' inflatable spider.
I'm thinking of putting that out on the side of the house (since I've pretty much run out of room in the front).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts