Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I not sure where to post this but who do you folks use for electronic supplier?the type that is like radio shack used to be?caps,resistors,breadboards,pics,LED's,etc.I have looked online and only find ones that may have one part but not the other.It's a pain to go to 5 diffrent sites just to get a couple of parts.and radio shack online doesn't seem to carry those kinda things anymore.or maybe I'm using the wrong search terms.

·
Registered
152 Posts
These guys might help..

Mornin DaddyWoof,

I dont do any electronic haunting yet, but I have heard the guys over at Digi-Key Corporation - USA Home Page have a pretty good operation. they have a pretty extensive online catalog here: Digi-Key T091 US Online - Welcome you need the latest version of flash installed to navigate it. but check it out might help you out. I am not affiliated with digikey in any way, I just remember the site from when i was trying to learn about LED wiring. Have a good one.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Yea, like Otaku suggested--Allelectronics.com is a good one.
I use Electronic Goldmine most of the time. (Google it for web address.)
American Science and Surplus is another good one.
Also SurplusCenter.com for a wide variety of motors. (This is where I order most of my motors.)

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks I'll look around them

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Yeah, Rule #1: Never buy LEDs from Radio Shack. You can buy 10 from places like Jameco for the price of one at The Shack.
Not to hijack the thread, but you'll get a laugh out of this. A friend of mine once worked for a major LED manufacturer. They had 3 bins for tested LEDs - Pass (met specs), Fail (didn't light at all) and Radio Shack (lit but didn't meet spec). He was serious - they sold the out-of-spec parts to R/S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts