Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
------Torture Factory Theme-----

There are obvious things to do...strobes, sound maybe a little smoke/fog; but those can be relatively easy to accomodate...

My problem is the "fully charged" body that I want to shake-rattle-n-roll right on the experiment table... hands feet strapped in to keep it held down a bit...but I really want it to go bonkers.

I'm thinking a motor with a threaded rod and "cams" to get it hoppin'....I'm not too sure if a wiper motor is gonna spin fast enough, but i just dont know...

OH...electric is the way to go here... i dont have compressors and/or air tanks...

Any ideas??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oooooooorrrr...How about this idea:

creating a body first....
-two (unequal) eliptical hoops out of small (1/4") square aluminum - one for the shoulder and one for the hips.
-use a +/- 30" long angle piece to use as a "spine" to connect the hoops. (at opposite ends of the spine) - ...how to connect?? welding?? (neighbor is a welder - but would prefer to find another means)
-"hang" the motor at the midpoint by hose clamps. (again, might have to weld this to make sure it doesnt go anywhere.

Now, to make it shake like a bazillion volts are running thru it, I'm thinking to attach a "cam" (that is weighted on one side) to the motor. There *might* be a clearance issue with the "spine", so this will have to be a trial-fit/weight deal...

Sooo.... back to the motor... will a windshield wiper motor provide enough "action" for this or should I be looking toward something else??

A two-speed would be ideal, that way the victim could be trying to escape (look alive) and then when switched to TURBO, would spaz-out....

Sketch coming soon......

thinking about the last option... the hoops would need to be pretty flexible to get the body to "hop" in an irregular manor.... Maybe the 1/4" would be too stiff? ?? .. maybe curl up an old fishing rod?? (or similar fiberglass tube.???)

OOOR.. instead of using complete 'hoops' ... use a "C"-shape.... where the tips would also bounce and rattle on the "table" helping with sound effects...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts