Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a prop that i just "finished" by that i mean I got the mechanism done I just need to dress him. I has going to use a wiper motor, not having easy access I was then going to use a drill, i later found a reciprocating saw and found that it works really well.

I call it Electro shock therapy because that isn't as harsh sound as the prision counter part, the electric chair. Here at Blackwood Asylum our patients aren't treated like the criminals they are but as innocent and mentally unstable humans. we leave the barbarianism to the prison system.

YouTube - Electric Chair

·
Registered
576 Posts
Awesome motion on the form, just perfect for a shocking effect! If I may on the sound, the clip is just a few seconds long then repeats. With a track that is closer to 30 seconds, it might have a better effect.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish it was longer but the way the rig is set up the sound comes from my ipod and a computer speaker behind the chair and the power for the speaker is flipped on so the ipod is constantly playing but the speaker turns off and on. as for the length of the sound, i had to chop it up because the beginning has a siren and some other stuff that wouldnt go too well in a loop. and i like the quality and "sound" of this sound fx so i don't think ill be changing. its from that machines of death CD.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and the neck moves bc it attached to some springs and a web of duct tape to keep it on.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wish it was longer but the way the rig is set up the sound comes from my ipod and a computer speaker behind the chair and the power for the speaker is flipped on so the ipod is constantly playing but the speaker turns off and on. as for the length of the sound, i had to chop it up because the beginning has a siren and some other stuff that wouldnt go too well in a loop. and i like the quality and "sound" of this sound fx so i don't think ill be changing. its from that machines of death CD.
You could download "Audacity", (sorry I don't have a link - just type it into your favorite search engine) a free audio mixer. I took a short 15 second clip of a fly, and turned it into a 77 minute (just fills a cdr) clip. I then split the left and right channels, and shifted the right forward a few seconds so now it sounds like multiple flies. It's real easy to use, I just used it for the first time today.:D

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Nice prop movement. Good use of a repo saw. Good audio but i would make it longer by editting it with an audio program. Like the previous post you can do so much with that tiny clip. Mix in other background noises, change speed and pitch...really is unlimited what you can do. At least run the loop into each other so it doesn't start over so sudden. Good luck with the rest of the build.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to make something like that,but with a drill instead of a saw.
Why a drill? The saw was much easier to work with and required little designing to make it give a forward and backword movement. A drill gives rotational movement that would need to be converted to forward and backward.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine had originally been the forward and backward but with the speed of the saw it just turned into a violent shaking, which by the way looks amazing with my flood light turned strobe set up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts