Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My electric chair has too strong a shock. The kids and I have been experimenting with a Havahart ss-7725cs small animal electric fence controller,
but it packs a big punch. We have all the lights and vibrators and stuff on the chair - we just want to shock people as well.

Do we need a resistor? How can we dial this down (at least for the little kids).

thanks for your help.

james in Toronto Canada.

·
Registered
128 Posts
um.... i hope you are kidding

I would COMPLETELY remove ANY shocking capabilities

thats a lawsuit waiting to happen

people have very different sensitivities to shocks

·
Registered
212 Posts
yep- just your luck you get a kid with a heart problem or a grandpa with an pacemaker/defibrillator. The ambulance isn't a good part of your haunt unless you're re-enacting a scene from Return of the Living Dead.

That being said, what a WICKED idea! You really are playing with fire... you need to study up on electrical theory to find out what is dangerous. AC vs DC (Tesla vs Edison) how voltage, current, and resistance interact, and of course medical problems your guests might have. I could tell you but i don't have an hour to type it all out. Basically you need a precise balance of all of the above or you could hurt/kill someone.

I know spencer's at the mall has shocking games, ones you put your hand on and it shocks you. Maybe you could remove the apparatus from that and attach the wires to a metal plate on the seat? I would not shock the head or across the hands/arms (current passes across the heart- a very bad idea!) so the butt area makes the most sense. It wouldn't surprise me if the shocking games are taken off the market, but they would be way more reliable than trying to scale down something meant for animals or building something yourself. And if at all possible use something battery powered- that way you can't have an accident where something breaks and someone gets 120v from the wall outlet!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shocking pen?

Well that is what we are looking for. Like the novelty item - the shocking pen. It would be optional - we have all the lights and the vibrator and a big noisy motor under your butt - however for anybody who asks for it - I would like to deliver a shock.

Anything I have read - these things (electric fence chargers) are safe for animals and humans. We just don't want it to be unpleasant. I have the smallest shocker we could find (1/2 of one joule). We continue to experiment with tiny little wires, a household dimmer switch and even using tinfoil as a resistor and it is still unpleasant. I would prefer it was iritating instead.

And hows this. We hang a clipboard off the chair and say please sign a waiver - we could spell it wafer or make some fun of the form on the clipboard - but we have to hand them a pen - and of course the pen shocks them (we have one). A good gotcha before the chair has even started.

We will experiment with a dimmer switch before the fence charger and see if that works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it...

Final update...

We used a dimmer switch before the fence charger and run it on its lowest setting. Then we used a single strand of wire from a 16 guag e strand (maybe about 64 guage if there is such a thing) and ran that to the contacts - through a door bell. So now you turn on the dimmer switch to its lowest setting and push the doorbell to provide the shock.

The shock is like the novelty pen - pretty tame.

Again- we will ask if the victim would like the shock... the little kids won't be asked at all. They will not get a shock.

We still have the vibrator in the helmet and the noisy motor shaking and the lights and fog.

Now we can put this to rest and move on to our big spider (Boris) who spent 2 years in hibernation because we didn't have time for him last year.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts