Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
It looks a little bit pricey...However, I don't know what they have done electical wise. Do a search here or go to the Monster list of Halloween Projects and look for motion sensor info. There is a lot of information on how to convert a standard motion sensing light.

If you're going to spend that kind of money I'd go for a prop controller

Flex ECT
or one of these
FrightProps - Halloween Props, Pneumatic Props, Animated Props, Halloween Accessories

They will allow you to adjust the delay before and after the prop activation and help prevent false triggers

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up one of those motions sensors with the light attached at Home Depot (less than $20) and found a schematic for wiring it to the hot / cold water valve from an old washing machine. The hot cold valve controlled the air from a compressor that went into a pvc cylinder I created like this one..
props1

I cant find the exact site I found the direction on for my specific prop but I did find this one online
http://www.cowlacious.com/SupportDocs/Motion Detector How-To.pdf

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
Try this post from Beelce on power strip hack for motion sensors like the one you saw 4 sale; Motion Sensor / Power Strip .. Hack - HauntForum.com
Pick up a power strip for $6.00 ( make sure it has screw not the snap together cases,they break & are hard to deal with )
The motion sensors are lik $20, although to get a short time you need to set it on test for 5 sec on, shortest time
i buy the auto motion light switches ( cheapest at lowes over HD for $16 ), they have a 4 sec to 15+ min on feature that is adjustable
& a senor that is adjustable for sensitivity of motion sensor. I find these to be the best buy & with most timing options for the price !
here is a couple other sites to fest your imagination to build !!
HauntProject.com - Your visual source for Haunting How-To's
Monster Page of Halloween Project Links
you should find anything your twisted lil heart desires to build !!

·
Psychomaniac
623 Posts
This is really easy to make. The simplest way is to just buy a motion sensor light (make sure the time adjustment suits your application) and put plug adapters in the sockets. Add a power cord and you're done! One other thing to check is the reset time on the motion sensor. Most reset instantly which can cause your prop/effect to cycle all the time if people are walking by.

I just made two prop controllers using motion sensors from security lights and time delay relays to control the prop time. I use the motion sensor time adjustment to control how often the prop activates. It's a bit more complicated that way but not too bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts