Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put on a Haunted House for our Parks and Rec here in Winchester Ky. Every Labor Day Weekend we have a Pioneer Festival, arts and crafts, food, yard sales every where. About a week ago they asked if we could put something together to advertise the Haunt at the festival. Last year I had started building an electric chair that ended up in the haunt as a torture chair. For the Festival I added the back wall and helmet. Ran out of time and didn't get the chance to weather the chair. Eventually want to add some light, sound and vibration. Here's a picture of how it looks at the festival.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the chair was a big hit at the festival. Had lots of people getting their picture taken in it. Friday night right after setting up a ten year old had his picture taken with his Dad throwing the switch. Then saturday our Parks Director stopped me and showed a picture they posted to facebook of an elderly man sitting in it. So I guess it's for all ages. Before the actual haunted house I hope to color my light red and get some electric to it. Possibly put a buzz to the chair with a sander and a couple of small engravers under the arms. I found a large fuse block to add inline with the switch box, and put up cell bar walls on the sides. I try to keep photos posted.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very nice! Yours looks reallllly authentic! You need to definitely rig that thing up... Here are some suggestions that I have installed in my chair:

Make the throw switch activate sander on bottom, hid an e-firecracker under there as well. I also have an airline from my compressor going to the hood so it sprays air down as well. Finally, a smoke machine underneath completes the effect!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here is my chair in action and he does move. I had a sander but it kept blowing the light bulbs on top. i also have a strobe light inside a skull for his head that flickers when power runs to it.

IMAG0335.jpg

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Crazy Xmas. Madmangt thanks for the suggestions definitely want to add some of those. Killa283 great looking chair love the plain porcelain light bulb holders on the chair back.

·
The Great Crazy
42,937 Posts
Thorn Kill Creek I had to save your pic! I will be building one this year got the prop just need to make the electric chair totally steeling you idea:D Again very nice work!:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very cool chair! I bet it was a big hit.

Here is one I made a few years back.
The skeleton is just there as a place holder, I keep it open the night of and invite the ToT's to "have a seat" if they dare.
They're always a little hesitant to try, but once they do, they have a blast, and they always try to get their parents to sit.

chair.jpg

chair 2.jpg

There is a sander under the seat synced with the strobe lights by the head. The mini plasma balls at the top are always on.
I used to have an old belt for the arm and leg straps, but it was so old it rotted off last year, and I haven't found a good replacement yet.
And I never did get around to aging the wood...but at night, you can't tell anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts