Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This year i would like to make a pneumatic electric chair. I understand how to use pnuematics, but i dont know how to make the piston repeatedly activate and deactivate to look as if the body is really being eletrocuted. All of my props are self controlled with a motion sensor,but if i need to purchase a controller for this prop then just let me know.
Thanks,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yes, you would need a contoller to rapidly turn the solenoid valve on and off.

I would recommend the prop-1 from Efx-Tek. I use them in almost every prop I build. EFX-TEK :: Prop-1 Controller

There is a slight learning curve to get going, but if you jump on their forums Jon will get anyone going with these in a very short time.

·
BAD INFLUENCE
11,448 Posts
This year i would like to make a pneumatic electric chair. I understand how to use pnuematics, but i dont know how to make the piston repeatedly activate and deactivate to look as if the body is really being eletrocuted. All of my props are self controlled with a motion sensor,but if i need to purchase a controller for this prop then just let me know.
Thanks,
You might want to try this , Humphrey Products. Engineered solutions. Smart strategies for pneumatics & fluid control. and check out the model 42pp air valve. The only drawback is that you have to have something to actuate the pushbottons on the valve. They also have spring return types and other variations that can be used. I have a spring return one but it would need quick exhaust valves on the cylinder. I think it is model 31p.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you don't want to get into programmable micro controllers, you can also use a programmable relay controller, that you program just by hitting the buttons on the board. Haunted House Boards For one cylinder you could get just the 1 relay programmable board, they work great, i have a bunch.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
If you don't want to get into programmable micro controllers, you can also use a programmable relay controller, that you program just by hitting the buttons on the board. Haunted House Boards For one cylinder you could get just the 1 relay programmable board, they work great, i have a bunch.
Yes, their boards do work very well. I have both the 1 and 3 relay controller and they both work great. Their sound activated relays also work great. I built a stereo lightning controller with them. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow

Thanks alot, this information is very helpfull! I think im going to go with the programmable relay controller. Not only is the price great, but it looks easy to use and reliable. Ive got to say this forum is one of the nicest and best around because everybody gets along and doesnt belittle other members, like i have seen on many other forums.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,758 Posts
Thanks alot, this information is very helpfull! I think im going to go with the programmable relay controller. Not only is the price great, but it looks easy to use and reliable. Ive got to say this forum is one of the nicest and best around because everybody gets along and doesnt belittle other members, like i have seen on many other forums.
If you are doing the programmable relay board, make sure that you either use some sort of suppression on your solenoids power leads, or run the solenoid and controller on separate power supplies. If you don't, it will likely lock up.

they have suppression boards at simplecircuitboards.com even though they are shown not on the site. If you email them, he'll give you a price. Jeff is a very nice guy and will respond promptly. :D

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If you are looking for simple then check out the picaboo and boobox controllers. The picaboo is perfect for smaller props. You just plug in and you are ready to go. The same program method as the above mentioned. Hit the record button on/off during the record time. You can even add sound to the higher models. Prices are very reasonable if you are looking for an all in one fix.

FrightProps - Halloween Props, Pneumatic Props, Animated Props, Halloween Accessories

1 - 8 of 8 Posts