Halloween Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about doing the electric chair prop this year and would like to know from owners/builders of the prop what kind of pneumatic cylinder i should use....not build ur own or screen door cylinder, but something that holds up under use....but yet not big $$$'s......would like to know diameter and stroke i need to make the prop look real...i saw this prop at a halloween convention and it was goulish and disgusting.....just what i need for a new prop.....cold corpses and visions of death yet to come to all.....shadow of death

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
cylinder for chair

Are you thinking of using the cylinder to move a body in the chair? Will this be an interactive chair with the public? Or itis it a animatronic display? Questions to ponder.

I used an orbital sander glued to the bottom of my chair. It will vibrate the seat when someone is sitting in the chair.
I haven't used a cylinder for my chair. So it will depend on what you plan on making, how big your dummy will be, and what movement you plan on having.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's what were sorta shootin' for...

looking 2 set up something like this with a motion sensor and time delay.....thank you very much for all the help in advance......shadow of death

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You would need a simple 1 inch bore double action cylinder with a 6 inch stroke. This is a simple prop to make.

Your body would have to be built very sturdy to hold up. If you can weld use springs in the head and arms to get that movement and attach to a metal frame. If not heat up some PVC pipe with a heat gun and insert the spring when it melts then wait for it to cool. Just mount the cylinder to the chair and attach to the character. Get a picoboo to handle the time delay and program the thrashes with button presses. Done!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts