Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have this nice vintage barstool chair in my bedroom, and as much as I love it it doesn't appear to love me back. Every time I sit on in, it tips over and throws me on the floor. Fun.

I'd like to have a more creative sitting device in my bedroom. So I though, whats better than an electric chair?

I don't want to build one, I want to go out and buy a nice vintage chair from the thrift store and alter it. I want it to look something like this:

What would I use for the purple things on the top, and what do I use for the helmet?

I was thinking something awesome to use for the purple things would be two plasma lamps attached to the top of the chair. I'd like to hear everyone's opinions.

·
Registered
543 Posts
For the helmet you could use a colander. For the purple things, I too though plasma lamps. Alternately you may be able to find some vintage light fixtures (Pantone era), but finding a matched set could get really pricey. You could also just use telephone pole insulators.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the helmet you could use a colander. For the purple things, I too though plasma lamps. Alternately you may be able to find some vintage light fixtures (Pantone era), but finding a matched set could get really pricey. You could also just use telephone pole insulators.
Oh, excellent. The colander is perfect. I never knew what those were called. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts