Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have begun our Halloween Haunt for 2008 and I just wanted to post some pictures of our progress. As you will see here we have begun the pirate ship build. Once built, the ship will be approx. 15 foot long and 6 foot wide and the bottom level will be approx. 8 inches off the ground. This is going to be a partial view of a ship. On the back end we will raise to a second level which will be approxamately a foot higher. On this we will place the wheel and a pirate captain. We will also build railings around the ship. We decided to build this out of wood and very sturdy, as we plan to allow the visitors to go onto the ship and get their pictures taken.

In the background of pic 2 you can see the begining of the walls going up for the prison cell that we will have in our garage.

More pics to come as we get more done.

Hope you all enjoy seeing our Haunt come together.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to share with everyone the props/decorations that I purchased this year. I am not going to post any pictures at this time of each item, but once I have them displayed I will be sure to post plenty of pics.

3 Piece Latex Lawn Zombie from Spirit
3 Lifesize Posable Skeletons from Spirit
Gothic Farmer and Gothic Wife from Spirit
Camo Netting from Spirit
Bubble Fogger from Sprit (This looked pretty cool and I could not pass it up)
Body Bag from buycostume.com
30" Ground Breaker Skeleton from buycostume.com
Grim Reaper Ghoulish Grabber from buycostume.com
3 RIP Tombstones from Michael's
2 Mediterranean Arches from Micheal's
Wooden Treasure Chest from Micheal's
Baltic Ammo Box from Micheal's
Bust - Medusa from Micheal's
Bust - Earl from Miceal's

I think I did pretty good. The total spent was $546. I shoot for a $500 budget each year, but went over today when I seen the Bubble Fogger at work in my local Spirit store on lunch. Had to have it.

Besides that, I picked up scrap wood at a local shed builder and had to buy one sheet of plywood.

I will be posting pics of the build and the props in the days to come.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks great! I wish I had the time and $$$ to do props that good! Keep the pics coming! i love looking at them!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I broke down and purchased the Gemmy Bubble Fogger the other night. Not sure how many of you may have one, or for that matter have even seen them, but I ran across a store that had one running and I was sold. The whole idea of this is going to work well with the scene I put in the garage (having bubbles falling out of the ceiling). Besides that, I have a 2 year old at home and she loves bubbles, hence most nights I am manually blowing bubbles. Guess what, now this machine does it for me....he he he

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks like your off to a great start, can't wait to see more pictures!
I bought that bubble fogger a few weeks ago and love it! When I first saw it I wasn't too sure about it but after seeing it in action I had to have it, ha ha. We're going to be using ours with glow in the dark bubble fluid.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanted to post and updated picture of my attempt at a Pirate Ship for this year's Halloween. Also, you will see a picture of an old farm house scene that was built. In front of it will be the Gothic zombie farmer and wife - trying to do my replication of the "American Gothic" photo. Inside the garage will be prison cells and torture chamber.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all, Can someone tell me how to display pictures right in my message post, instead of having them as attachements?

Secondly, here are a few more pictures as we continue to set up for Halloween.

·
Registered
374 Posts
icetross911, use a site to upload your pictures too, I use photobucket.com it doesn't cost anything to set up an account. Once you've set it up and uploaded your pictures and are wanting to put the pic in the post, just click on the little icon that looks like a yellow box with a mountain in it. The box that pops up will ask you for the URL to your picture. From photobucket click in the field under your uploaded pic that says "direct link" this will give you the URL this board is asking you for. When you submit your post, your pic will be in the body.

Also if you would like to skip a step, from photobucket, just click in the field called IMG code, then right click paste that info into the body of your post. Easy as that ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally about to update: I been so busy between two jobs and getting things ready for Halloween I have not had time to get on here and post any updates. I plan to post some pictures in the coming days. The graveyard is 90% done and I am finishing up with the scene in the garage.

Damm the wind though.. Winds of 35 to 50mph hit us today and are still going strong long into the evening. Not looking forward to the desctruction that it causes.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
First of all, Can someone tell me how to display pictures right in my message post, instead of having them as attachements?

Secondly, here are a few more pictures as we continue to set up for Halloween.
Terra just did a tutorial about different ways to post photos and video.
Its a thread under general halloween called 'posting pictures help'

Looking good!

MsM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts