Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed an on-line order with this company for some Lemax Spooky Town they had on-sale. Received my order in a timely manner (within 5 days with standard ground UPS), and most everything was fine. However, one of the pieces I ordered, Witch's Joyride, arrived broken. It was in its original box, but without the Lemax elastic around the styro casing. That was my first clue that it wasn't a factory original. Once the item was removed, I found the moon didn't light up, the witch ran into the moon, and the battery cover was missing.

I emailed the company on a Friday, and the company responded that they wouldn't be open until the following Wednesday, and would get back to me then. I emailed them that Wednesday, and they never responded. That Friday, I emailed trying to get a response, and indicated that since this was my third request for asssitance, I considered it very poor service. The Sunday following they emailed back saying they were sending a replacement and a pre-paid UPS return tag for the broken item.

I received the replacement mid-week. While it wasn't brand new (box was dented, the Lemax elastic was again missing and the foam cushioning was disturbed inside) it worked fine and included a battery cover, so I kept it. I did write to them indicating that while I was keeping the item, I wasn't pleased with not being forwarned I was purchasing second-hand goods.

They've never responded, and I will probably not order from them in the future. Buyer beware to anyone who might.

Ween

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I placed an order with eHobbyTools.com and had the worst nightmare of a customer service experience ever. I'm pretty patient, but these people drained every last drop of my patience without even replacing the defective item I shipped back to them. In fact, they sent the defective item back to me, presumably thinking I would not notice this little problem! They just suck, suck, suck, and I mean like a leech... Cheaper prices, but not worth the problems you are likely to have.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Placed an on-line order with this company for some Lemax Spooky Town they had on-sale. Received my order in a timely manner (within 5 days with standard ground UPS), and most everything was fine. However, one of the pieces I ordered, Witch's Joyride, arrived broken. It was in its original box, but without the Lemax elastic around the styro casing. That was my first clue that it wasn't a factory original. Once the item was removed, I found the moon didn't light up, the witch ran into the moon, and the battery cover was missing.

I emailed the company on a Friday, and the company responded that they wouldn't be open until the following Wednesday, and would get back to me then. I emailed them that Wednesday, and they never responded. That Friday, I emailed trying to get a response, and indicated that since this was my third request for asssitance, I considered it very poor service. The Sunday following they emailed back saying they were sending a replacement and a pre-paid UPS return tag for the broken item.

I received the replacement mid-week. While it wasn't brand new (box was dented, the Lemax elastic was again missing and the foam cushioning was disturbed inside) it worked fine and included a battery cover, so I kept it. I did write to them indicating that while I was keeping the item, I wasn't pleased with not being forwarned I was purchasing second-hand goods.

They've never responded, and I will probably not order from them in the future. Buyer beware to anyone who might.

Ween

B+

Huh...did I miss something? Sounds like you both agree this vender isn't very realiable or quality conscious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts