Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been collecting egg shells and i'm going to put them on the floor in my garage with little light so they aren't visible . I'm hoping when people stand on them it'll have the sensation/effect of cockroaches being stood on. I might even paint them brown or black.

Anyone reckon this'll work?

I will make a sign on the entrance stating 'beware flesh eating cockroaches' or something similar (ideas welcome).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm! preferably want them undetected, until......................................crunch! I may scatter a few fallen leaves on the ground too just in case. Doesnt matter what state the garage gets in, it's being demolished the week after.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The bad thing about peanuts shells would be children with serious peanut allergies. ;) So, I'd shy away from that!!!

I think the egg shells with maybe a few leaves over it might would work. Wonder about a few packing peanuts mixed in there would be like? I'm picturing crunches with a few harder things that just smoosh.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last thing i need is a lawsuit, thanks for the heads up on the allergies. Any idea what i could use on the ceiling to droop down? No mechanical things, no time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is that one piece hanging down or lots gathered together? I read about this all the time but have never experienced it. Does it really work?

Sorry, i'm real new to this. I'm used to Disney and Universal like props.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hang lots of pieces of black thread in different spots. You can't see them, but when you walk through them, it's really creepy, and un-nerving.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are great, so glad i stumbled across this site. It's insperational.

Wet Yarn, i've read about that too.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yeah, I've heard about using wet yarn, too, but haven't tried it. Sounds like it would be pretty disgusting feeling! I like it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as long as it doesn't smudge my make up! (never thought i'd ever hear my male self say that)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bubble wrap is another method I've read about.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would if it were me. Use corn chips will be the best possible crunch Guarantee!!!!

After the are stepped on and crunched the next person can still get the effect because it will crunch again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts