Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the final product for this year. Some pics and video taken by my son and myself. It was a bittersweet night as we closed the book on our walk through but we went out on a high note. So many great comments of appreciation from our more than 400 visitors. For two hours, we forgot about all the work involved and just reveled in the moment. While the weather could have been a bit more accommodating, no one complained and we filled the neighborhood with screams and laughter. So many great memories of the many years we did the "big haunt", but looking forward to scaling back and making our smaller set-up just as fun. On with the show.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

http://youtu.be/SSL05IwKAOM

My son made the video and did a kind of schizophrenic take on it. It's rather dark, but this actually reflected the mood we had set for the walk through.
Thanks for looking!!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What a wonderful way to end the year. Love the new props. They photographed extremely well.
Thanks GOS. We did go out on a high note and there is no better way. My son took the night pics and they came out nicely!

Outstanding JDubbya!
Thanks buddy! Appreciate that. It all came together nicely. Still packing away. Now I remember why we are scaling back! I'm whooped!
Hope to finish up tomorrow and then will start gathering ideas for next year. The zombies are making a comeback!

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
What an inspiring way to go out with a bang jdubbya! While I, and likely others are sad to see you scale it back... I'm sure I am not alone in saying that everyone who puts in that kind of effort understands completely why one feels they must. Now, take your time to relax & smell the pumpkin's. Enjoy the season at a slower pace amigo. You've earned it!

P.S. You guys did awesome btw! :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
I am kinda sad to see this all end. Eerie Manor was one of the first haunts I discovered in this forum that really caught my eye. I hate to see it scale down - but I can totally relate. I do look forward to seeing what crops up for next year. jdubbya - Thank you for all the inspiration and ideas I have gotten from your displays. :)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice work you and your crew did jdubbya
Thanks! I had about 12 people helping me work the haunt and they all had a blast!

What an inspiring way to go out with a bang jdubbya! While I, and likely others are sad to see you scale it back... I'm sure I am not alone in saying that everyone who puts in that kind of effort understands completely why one feels they must. Now, take your time to relax & smell the pumpkin's. Enjoy the season at a slower pace amigo. You've earned it!

P.S. You guys did awesome btw! :D
Thanks friend! Too kind! The night went off without a hitch and we were all very pleased. It's a good feeling to have it behind us and we're already talking about a few ideas for next year! Looking forward to seeing what we come up with!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. You are so talented. You give us all something to aspire to....
Thanks! It's me that has been inspired by so many of the talented folks on this forum. I've learned a lot in my 10 years on the board and it's always fun to share the end results!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am kinda sad to see this all end. Eerie Manor was one of the first haunts I discovered in this forum that really caught my eye. I hate to see it scale down - but I can totally relate. I do look forward to seeing what crops up for next year. jdubbya - Thank you for all the inspiration and ideas I have gotten from your displays. :)
Thanks for that! It really was bittersweet that night knowing that the haunt would be taking a new direction but one of the things we've always focused on was creating a lot in a very limited space. The challenge is on now more than ever and we have some ideas on how to make it just as fun, scary and even more detailed. The time is right and I think the new "re-tooled" Eerie Manor will be pretty cool!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
Your images are terrific. I am certain you hvae created many wonderful memories for the families who have had the opportunity to visit your display over the years, Be very proud of the experience you have created for them. Children will remember you and their parents will remember their excitement. Wonderful job and enjoy downsizing...you have more than earned it.

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
Ah jdubbya, big or small, your haunt is always one of my favorites. Your artistry and attention to detail is truly inspiring. For scaling back you still have a massive amount of displays; your witch scene looks phenomenal. So many people on the forum this year are scaling down, cutting back or just plain throwing in the towel. It's good that you recognize the need within yourself to keep your haunt at a more manageable level, one where you can still enjoy it. Haunt on, my friend.

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,110 Posts
Hi JW - Love the video your son made ..... it showed off everything really well. As tannasgach mentioned, you are the HF staple display - always perfect layed out and costumed, lighting exceptional, and pics and props done to perfection. Year after year....no matter how big or small. Thanks for all the work and sharing with us.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Maybe it's just me, and maybe it's only because I've seen it 'haunted', but to me your house and tree look kinda scary enough on their own. And I mean that in a GOOD way, of course! In my head, I can imagine your scaling it back would create an even spookier haunt. What I'm trying to say is that I want your home! :D

I haven't been on the forum very long (little over a year), but your haunt is very distinctive and I looked forward to seeing it again this year. It looks incredible!

·
Registered
196 Posts
WOW, I would have to say that your display ranks at the top of my list here on HF. Your use of Lighting is spot on (pardon the pun). You are one of the people that have inspired me to upgrade my tombstones from store bought to handmade. Excellent display, lighting, and not to mention the photography. Great Job as usual.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again for all the kind comments. I have to say that so many of the things we made were ideas sparked here by others. So much talent here it's incredible! Spent the better part of the day packing all the big stuff away and I am WHOOPED! Put a fork in me, I'm done! LOL!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts