Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well done the yard looks great. You have put a lot out and I know what you mean by saying the animation wont go out til later.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Looking good Bigant! Noticed the visitors to the graveyard you posted about earlier. The Ross or Walmart lantern at the column looks terrific in your lighting which complements the haunt well. And the item that really caught my attention, well among many, were the JOLs in the tree. Very nice look and liked the way the lights altered off and on. How did you set that up?

one last comment, like your countdown clock as well.

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Oh wow. I really like everything. After seeing some of your projects, I had a feeling I would. So far, my favorites are the countdown to Halloween, the standing man statue, the ghosts in the upstairs windows, and the way you have all your skeletons posed. Also, I would not have thought about using the busts in the yard, but it really works, and makes it all the more spooky out there. Really nice touches everywhere. Great lighting too.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!!!

DirtTroll you are right in your guess, I have most of the lights up in the tree shining down in various spots in the yard, I try to hide my lights as much as possible to give everything that spooky look!

Ghost of Spookie I have JOLS connected to a Gemmy Halloween light show box. It normally makes the pumpkins flash to built in music but it also has a setting just called "effects" for if you dont want to use the built in music which is what I have it set to right now. I thought it looked cooler than just having them all on!

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
.....Ghost of Spookie I have JOLS connected to a Gemmy Halloween light show box. It normally makes the pumpkins flash to built in music but it also has a setting just called "effects" for if you dont want to use the built in music which is what I have it set to right now. I thought it looked cooler than just having them all on!
Brilliant! I have one of those Gemmy light show boxes too and did a simple singing pumpkins with them but it never would have occurred to me to use it in the way you did. LUV IT! So glad I asked you. Now if our pear tree would just get taller....:)

·
Blue Pill? or Red Pill?
4,102 Posts
Love the cemetery, and the editing looked good too on the video. The columns and pumpkins in the trees are my fave. Oh wait the mausoleum was pretty awesome too. When you video tape this, is your haunt pretty well lit up with your lights? Or are you filming at dusk and darkening the video? I have such a challenge filming without it being grainy and noisy.
Thanks for sharing....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love the cemetery, and the editing looked good too on the video. The columns and pumpkins in the trees are my fave. Oh wait the mausoleum was pretty awesome too. When you video tape this, is your haunt pretty well lit up with your lights? Or are you filming at dusk and darkening the video? I have such a challenge filming without it being grainy and noisy.
Thanks for sharing....

Thanks!!! I am filming at night, the yard is pretty well light with cfls and led lights but the main reason I can film at night and get away with it is my camera. My wife convinced me a few years ago when the kids were born that we should buy a really nice camera so we found a great deal from a friend selling their HD sony camera. It has a really large sensor so it records at night really well. Its been a great camera so far!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well we my sons canon rebel t3 dslr and its not nearly as good. Is yours just a video camera? Or is it a dslr with video like mine?
Mine is strictly a video camera, I would assume the t3 would take great night time videos since it has a huge sensor!! Have you tried adjusting the aperture or maybe using a different lens? Are you shooting on "auto" mode? normally noise and grainy images come from having the ISO set really high to offset the lack of light. If you are using the auto setting try using P and adjusting the ISO yourself to a lower level??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts