Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Story

Edmond was the misunderstood son of a craftsman who designed carousels (as his father had before him). When the local amusement park wanted the jewel of the fairground crown redesigned, no one was as surprised as Edmond when the task was appointed to him.

"Just base the design on childhood dreams that brought you joy", his father said. Edmond hesitantly took the advice.

At the unveiling, Edmond had hoped for smiles and cheers, but received looks of horror from family and patrons alike. The children were too frightened to approach - nevermind ride - his creation. Even adding Christmas elements failed to lure them back. The carousel was abandoned, neglected and left to decay - the same fate suffered by poor Edmond.

To view the photographs used in the slideshow, please visit this Art Ghoullery album.

To see a complete how-to, please visit this section in Horrific How Tos (it's a long one).

A

·
0 Posts
Holy Flippin' Zombie-Eating-Cows ...

WOW .... OUTSTANDING!

Heeheehee ... it's nice to see that Edmond made it here! ;)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
ok you had me just with the title as my father's name was Edmond ( he is now passed ) so as you see you got me intrigued right away with the thred title as we dont see that name too often :)

your work is outstanding and amazing , always creative and very original , i am a fan of your art :) great job again

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow..thanks so much folks for the kind words.

Darkstar: as asmarteru said, it was made from scratch. ;) (thanks for posting the how to a.S.U.!)

Doesn't your heart just go out to Edmond? I actually get heartsick when I think about it too long. The story played out as I was building the prop, and really motivated me.

A witch from Canada: I don't have the proper words to respond, so I'll just give you a big smile :D

HalloweenBob: considering how long it took me to build the small one, I can only imagine how long it would take to make a life size one!......but if someone gets the funding for it, I'm in!

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
Ah Ha ! GF congradualations on this exquisite prop and the 2nds place win !
I don't care, that perhaps, we aren't suppose to mention other sites. Edmond's Abandoned Carousel and you, the creator, deserves the BRAVO and congrats from this forum as well!

I love it ! ( gee, have I mentioned that before?)
Looking forward to what you may have up your sleeve next !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts