Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last! I just finished my Edgar Allan Poe tombstone. It is a replica of the real tombstone in Baltimore. Mine is about 4.5 feet tall. The frame is pink foam. Trim pieces are different sizes and shapes of insulation, foam and actual trim. The "bronze" face is model magic as are the leaves of the harp. The harp and acanthus leaves were carved from pink foam.

I used a combination of hot tools and regular saws.

I coated the whole thing in HWFF Foam coat with Bounce (what a pain to work with IMHO) then white stucco paint, then faux finish and finally Thompson's water seal.

I also made faux brick columns to add to the vignette. These are white foam (leftover from the packaging on 2 small tables- I didn't have to cut a thing!). Grout lines were made with my hot tool. Coated in foam coat and then faux finished with a coat of Thompsons water seal. The granite top is pink foam with a coat of Lowes fleck paint. Then I added some age to the bottom.

I have pre-made garden fence from Home Depot to add. When I get it set up I'll post more photos. I also have more of my Poe theme decor items on my blog. www.partypuff.blogspot.com

G

·
0 Posts
That is FANTASTIC!!! And the columns look real!! awesome, awesome job on all that!!! :)
~ and nice blog; cute Poms (used to own one of those yappy [email protected]$$ dogs :D)

·
Registered
449 Posts
We were lucky enough to see the real thing on vacation this summer, and let me tell you, you did a spot-on job! Absolutely amazing!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whew, party is done! Here are some photos:

There are a couple more on my page. I'm now installing this at my house, so I'll post those when I'm done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts