Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Halloween I created this animation of a bust of Poe reciting "The Raven"

I never used it. I was going to project it into a graveyard and have Poe appear and talk, a-la the Haunted Mansion Singing Busts.
If anyone here wants to use it, please be my guest. you can copy and use it free from youtube, or here if the link works.
When you play the video, note that there is about 10 seconds of black at the beginning. I put that there to have some room to edit other stuff on if i wanted to.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Thanks. I will post more projections that I've made.
I will certainly look forward to the posts. Your work is really nicely done. Maybe it's because it's creepy without having a single zombie, severed head, or blood splatter, but for the kind of haunt we do, it's right up our alley. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before I made the video of the E.A.Poe bust, I used the same voice-over and made this one, of a cartooney skeleton coming out of a coffin and reciting The Raven.

I was just going to project it onto a flat board- just larger than the coffin, so all his movements would fit.
If anyone wants to use it in a Haunt, you're welcomed to it!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Before I made the video of the E.A.Poe bust, I used the same voice-over and made this one, of a cartooney skeleton coming out of a coffin and reciting The Raven.

I was just going to project it onto a flat board- just larger than the coffin, so all his movements would fit.
Thanks again for your post. We don't have a single gory thing in our haunt. We try to keep it kind of spooky and creepy, but not particularly scary. Even so, sometimes a talking skeleton, a cauldron creep, or even skeleton animals that make noises can be a bit scary for the youngest visitors, so we've been trying to come up with things that still say Halloween, but aren't so real that youngsters confuse them with something that's real. Your animated skeleton is darn near perfect. We're going to have to see if we can figure out a way to incorporate him into the haunt, probably with a different sound track. Three year old kids just aren't into goth poetry. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts

Thank you so much for posting these. How fun would that be in our graveyard. I am not techy. How do you go about the projection? Do you have to have a completely dark yard? we do have some streetlights near by

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hi the mask Dr. Do you make videos? I've been looking for one that is a shadow type video of a bar scene. Where it looks like light from another room with shadows of characters in a bar scene. It's a pirate scene which I've seen used in pirates of the Caribbean.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Eeek! I am soooo excited to find this! I plan to turn our bathroom into the Poe room this year and this is phenomenal! I'll put this in the shower but make it look like it's inside a cemetery vault (1950s bathroom with very large separate shower, across from where people sit on the toilet to do their business.) It is PERFECT so that anyone using the toilet will have Poe reciting The Raven. I love it. OUr theme this year is Victorian "Midnight Dreary" so yes yes and more yes!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Last Halloween I created this animation of a bust of Poe reciting "The Raven"

I never used it. I was going to project it into a graveyard and have Poe appear and talk, a-la the Haunted Mansion Singing Busts.
If anyone here wants to use it, please be my guest. you can copy and use it free from youtube, or here if the link works.
When you play the video, note that there is about 10 seconds of black at the beginning. I put that there to have some room to edit other stuff on if i wanted to.
I wonder what that would look like projected onto the AtmosFX 3D form?? That could be really cool!

·
Registered
13,899 Posts
Grimm's -- I like the lighting you set up for this. Nice and bright for projections probably even those whose projectors aren't that bright. Grimms a pretty cool dude.

The Poe bust one would work great for many of us that have been collecting the HomeGoods/TJMaxx Halloween busts. I can see the busts lining a Hall, with Poe at the front reciting to them and the Hall visitors. So nice of you to post and share your work. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts