Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cbs2chicago.com - Video Library

Found this video on yahoo.com. Okay, yes, the economy isn't so good, but it doesn't help either when merchandise is well....lame. I saw some things this year that might have been neat but nothing I had to have (except for the Pussyfoot jammies I'm wearing!), and nothing really made me go WOW. You can only blame the economy for so much. Give consumers better merchandise and we'll still find a way to spend. Give us crap and we'll save our money for, hopefully, a better next year. My worry is that they'll make even crappier merchandise next year because sales were down this year and they'll solely blame the economy. :mad:

·
Registered
321 Posts
True.

I found that wal-marts merchandise selection was horrible. No prop decorations at all. Not even a fog machine.

Did they assume that adults would not be buying costumes? There was hardly any adult costumes when I went, only kids and popular kids show characters.

Walgreens actually happened to have a lot of cool stuff. They had those giant 12 foot hanging creatures for only $30! Halloween scene by me wants like $80 for the clown that couldn't possibly fit in with my other decorations.

I am actually already over budget this year by about $40 and still need more supplies. I didn't even get candy yet!

·
Registered
32 Posts
You know after seeing this and seeing the offering at the stores. Makes me wounder if the retail stores had an idea that the economy was going to be bad?

·
Registered
369 Posts
You know, they mentioned there will still be an increase of about 2%, just not the 5% they were expecting. That still means the sales are up, which makes me wonder if the media is spinnng this as an "economic crisis" news story to fill time and increase the momentum behind the "crisis".

As far as the offering this year, I'd agree that the pickings are slim, and anyone who actually wants to buy good merchandise is a bit stuck. I was dissatisfied with the merchandise last year, finding it all a bit cheesy for my tastes, so I've gone back to creating my own. Good thing there are other creative people on this forum so we can swap ideas! There are lots of great-looking, low-cost ideas presented here this year, so I guess we can head for the craft store instead of Walmart.

:)
Leigh Clements
The Mystery Maiden
Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I noticed that there hasn't been many shoppers looking at halloween items until today...it was pretty packed at my Wal-Mart. Even saw a man carefully inspecting the fake foam pumpkins as if they were real and loading his cart...LOL!

·
Grand WaZoo
841 Posts
except for the Pussyfoot jammies I'm wearing!
So tell me Succub'Oz when are we going to be graced with a photo of you in these jammies? LOL!

Ah have you all noticed the nice little tag on most of the JUNK all these places are selling that say's "Made in China". Pretty well sums it all up I think why most of what the retailers are selling is crap! All I can say is unless things change in a big way, hopefully after Nov. 2 they will, and once and for all we will see Voodoo Economics die the death it should of many years ago then I suggest we should all start to learn Mandarin Chinese! I know just in case things don't change I'm looking at Amazon.com to buy my copy of the Great Chairman Mao copy of the Little Red Book!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts