Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
likes candy & razorblades
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i picked this up on ebay for a song...

im looking to embellish it a bit. since i cant leave things well enough alone.

its actually brownish not blackish. i was looking for ideas on wigs..curly? red? straight black?

also perhaps a hat? a tiny tophat embellished with feathers? Ill have my daughter make a drapey cape once i see the colors in person.

what do you think??

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Great find, it's beautiful, LadyAlthea. I think a long curly black wig with no bangs, kind of like the old west women had when let their hair down. I'd make sure I got some lace gloves, a rather large black (or maybe red) beaded necklace and beaded drawstring purse.

·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! and like that style wig idea too!

It arrived today! definitely different than i imagined but still very nice. quality work. the material is actually a chocolate satin with yellow flower embroidery. the waist cincher needs a little help though. im thinking of covering it in velvet.

im going to try it on later and take a pick or two.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Hmmm...I could see something like this

Black Historical Wig - Costumes

or this

Saloon Madame Adult Wig - Auburn - Costumes

Ohhh! This one would look REALLY good!

Goth Vampira Wig (Black) - Costumes

this ones a little more southern

Black Scarlet Wig - Costumes

or maybe something shorter?

Club Curls (Black) Wig - Costumes

something a little more sexy

Sultry Deluxe Adult Wig (Black) - Costumes

also this one is good too. very Belatrix Lestrange

Evil Black Curly Wig - Costumes

Well theres some ideas haha!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Oh, it definitely screams curly hair to me too... love that it is brown and not black... I love black for sure, but on that dress, it would seem too... new? Brownish is the perfect color for it.... as for the hat, my first thought was yes as well, but the more I think about it, I don't know that you would want to cover that wig up... maybe some kind of hair band or something that had the feather sticking out of it? I do agree a feather or some other kind of adornment would fit well, but I just don't know that I would want to cover up too much of the hair.

I would also want a simple choker necklace... that would be wonderful.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
If you also want a headpice you could do something like what the girl did who played my vampire bride or whatever. I think it was justa headband with a feather atached to the side and a black rose or something like that.

·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh fantastic links!!!!!!

im checking them out now and i see a few i really like! the thing i like about this dress is that it will transfer well with just a few different assecories.

its got that deadwood western flair, it could be a victorian with a little chest coverage, and its labled as the sweeny todd mrs something dress. what the heck is her name. GAH!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts