Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok, thats great, they look fantastic. I will have a few at my haunt (if I can pull it off and make it look good) this year. I wonder if everyone started out with a very basic yard haunt then saw all these great ideas and changed the whole thing the second year like im doing? So great to have you guys out there.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,310 Posts
If I can find two strands that aren't so pricey, I'm making these to be the column toppers for my crypt!

Fantastic idea!:D

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I can find two strands that aren't so pricey, I'm making these to be the column toppers for my crypt!

Fantastic idea!:D
My Crypt is exactly what I was making them for. I will be putting them on the shelves next to the entrance to the crypt.

The candles will sit on the two small shelves next to each column.

By using the flicker bulbs, I don't have to be concerned with the tealight batteries going out. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great guide. I easily found all of the materials except for the foam board. The local craft stores I checked didn't have anything, and the closest thing I could find was a massive quantity of it (~40 square feet) at a hardware store. Where did you find yours, out of curiosity?

·
Technological Terror
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great guide. I easily found all of the materials except for the foam board. The local craft stores I checked didn't have anything, and the closest thing I could find was a massive quantity of it (~40 square feet) at a hardware store. Where did you find yours, out of curiosity?
I get my foamboard at Home Depot. It's actually extruded foamboard insulation used in construction, such as insulating houses. You can find it at Lowes too, but it's blue, not pink. Most hardware stores will have it. Be sure not to buy the crappy white stuff. It's not suitable for the job because it is made of large beads. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Writing on PVC - Removable with Acetone

FYI - Acetone removes the writing on PVC. It won't remove the blue line that ran the length of mine, but hitting that line with a piece of sand paper removed the line. Hope this helps you save a little paint!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts