Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In preparation for making a fence I've been collecting pallet boards from work for a couple of days. We have so many pallets at the mill that I am fortunate enough to be able to just walk around some areas and easily pick up loose boards or peek into dumpsters and trashcans and get them without having to rip pallets apart. If I wanted to rip pallets apart I could build a fence that went around the whole neighborhood! Anyways, a quick trip to Lowes for 3/8" natural fiber rope, an electric stapler and staples, and two hours later I had my fence up. I cut all the boards to about 3 ft or less and split most of them in half to make them more distressed, smaller, and to stretch the length I could go with the boards I had. Then I just laid them out in the back yard spaced out as I wanted the fence and put a 4ft board every 8 ft or so that was sharpened at the bottom to use as a stake. Laid out 2 50ft rolls of rope on top and whacked a couple staples into each board through the rope. Once done I just rolled up up and carried it out to the front yard. (Weighs about 30lbs.) The wife and kids helped hold each section up after unrolling so I could drive the stakes in. I ran short by about 10 boards of making the 40ft stretch across the front, but it will be no problem to pick up a few more boards to add in. Wish it was aged more, but I'll have that next year once it sits behind the garage rolled up till next year. Anywho, was quick and easy and looks pretty good. The rope, even when pulled tight lets some of the boards lean in a really irregular way that looks awesome!

·
Registered
665 Posts
for our fencing which we have to cover for a large yard, I used wooden snow fence. I didn't like the reddish colour it comes in so I stained it a darker brown. We use rebar and zip ties to hold it up then after just roll it up for storage.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for our fencing which we have to cover for a large yard, I used wooden snow fence. I didn't like the reddish colour it comes in so I stained it a darker brown. We use rebar and zip ties to hold it up then after just roll it up for storage.
Snow fencing is a great Idea! I think that may have been what I saw in the past somewhere that gave me this idea. Could you paint it grey with a roller or spray gun?

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts