Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hangar One vodka bottles have that flared base and the molded-in volume markings, that make them perfect for a fake hanging IV bottle. I just made a hanging collar out of 3/4” x 1/16” aluminum strap, with #8-32 machine screws and wing nut to hold the circle closed, and some heavy wire for the bail to hang it from. Latest addition to the mad scientist lab. (Just in time, as the 1,5L box wine to stand in as blood bag is getting harder to find. Now I can refill a glass bottle with whatever I want.)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Supplies
  • Hangar One vodka bottle, 1.75L
  • 3/4” x 1/16” aluminum or brass strap
  • #8-32 machine screws
  • #8-32 nuts and washers
  • #8-32 wing nut
  • #8-32 cap nuts
1) cut the aluminum strap to 382 mm. File off sharp edges and corners.
2) Mark for screw holes 10 mm from each end
3) Mark for bending tabs 20 mm from each end
4) divide the center section between the end tabs into quarters and mark the 1/4 and 3/4 positions for screw holes
5) drill all holes sized for #8 machine screws
6) bend the 20 mm tabs at each end to 90 degrees. A vise helps with this, and a hammer to pound the corners more neatly square.
7) bend the strap into a circle to go around the bottle.
8) install machine screws into the two center holes to serve as posts to attach the wire bail and secure with nuts.
9) wrap the strap around the bottle and secure it with a machine screw and wing nut through the holes in the tabs at the end of the strap
10) bend a bail out of the wire, attach it to the hanging posts, and secure both sides with washers and cap nuts. The wire bail should rotate freely
11) full with some colored liquid, put in the cork, and hang the bottle from the collar you just made.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can do the same with the 750 ml Hangar One vodka bottle too. The circumference of the smaller bottle is 222 mm, so the length of aluminum strap needs to be 262mm total, but otherwise identical.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts